Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Two of your friends are going out. You caught one cheating...do you tell? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you tell her? If she was only an acquaintance?
    Only if she was a friend, not just an acquaintance

Two of my friends are going out. One of them, the guy, is cheating on her, and has cheated on her more than once, with more than one person. Not just pulling, the full shabang. Everytime we catch him and bring him up on it he does the whole, "omg I'm so sorry, I feel so bad I wont do it again I promise". It's obvious he will do it again, and will probably be like that his whole life, even in marriage. He is a pathological liar, a sociopath, so there is no reasoning with him. I know what you're thinking, why am I even friends with this guy? I've asked myself that question many times, but the advantages greatly outweigh the disadvantages.

If the girl was a real friend, I would tell her without hesitation, however she is just an acquaintance. I talk to her every now and then but I wouldn't class it as friendship.

I'm not going to tell her, I'm not going to get involved. In a way it's her own fault she is so naive and gullable to believe his constant lies. Just like his last girlfriend, and the one before that.

Anyway, I just want opinions. What would you do?

You consider this sociopath a friend?

Well, if the adv outweigh the dis. I think it is better that you classify this friend of yours as a tool at your disposal and nothing more.

As for the girl, I'd just simply offer her my opinion of said "friend". No more no less.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.