Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive just applied for my bursary for my nursing course do i also have to apply for tuition fees as well? As its only given me the option to apply for the NHS Bursary
    any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnichol4)
    Ive just applied for my bursary for my nursing course do i also have to apply for tuition fees as well? As its only given me the option to apply for the NHS Bursary
    any ideas?
    If your course is NHS-funded, then you will automatically get your fees paid, you don't need to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    If your course is NHS-funded, then you will automatically get your fees paid, you don't need to apply.
    ok stupid question alert! How do i know if it is NHS funded?

ReputationRep:
    ok stupid question alert! How do i know if it is NHS funded?
    All UK nursing courses should be NHS-funded, but if you want to confirm it, go to your course's profile on the uni website and under fees and funding it should say whether it is or isn't.

If you don't know whether it's funded, why did you apply for a NHS bursary? Plus, the forms for new students haven't been released yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    All UK nursing courses should be NHS-funded, but if you want to confirm it, go to your course's profile on the uni website and under fees and funding it should say whether it is or isn't.

If you don't know whether it's funded, why did you apply for a NHS bursary? Plus, the forms for new students haven't been released yet...
    I found my info letter from the university which says it is i have applied for my bursary because i live in scotland and its done through SAAS up here and it allows you to apply from the 1st of April this year

ReputationRep:
    Your fees are paid automatically and you only need to apply to SAAS for your bursary.

ReputationRep:
    That's grand will I get a letter saying that they r paid before uni starts?

ReputationRep:
    That's grand will I get a letter saying that they r paid before uni starts?
    Hi

Your fees are paid by the scottish government health directorate directly to the uni. They won't send you a letter and the uni won't ask you for one

ReputationRep:
    See along with the nursing bursary can you apply for the young persons bursary aswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChantelleLilley x)
    See along with the nursing bursary can you apply for the young persons bursary aswell?
    No. Completely separate funding package.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.