Turn on thread page Beta

Recommend me ONE song watch

ReputationRep:
    Deadmau5 - Strobe

(Original post by jaydoh)
    Always on the look out for new music
    Post a youtube video of ONE song, (ie just embed the video) and help I will listen and give my honest opinion.
    POST YOUTUBE links not names of songs! :facepalm: at this :yes:
    (Original post by MartinSquirtle)
    Deadmau5 - Strobe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keese)

At 10 mins long it's very progressive, definitely worth it in the end!
    One of my favourite tracks eva :love: Don't know if I like this or Arguru more. Or maybe Move for Me. :thinking:

ReputationRep:
    how about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5...feature=relmfu
    or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bdmc...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    I don't like the songs but the videos are good. Watch the Heartless video, its a bit crap
    I've seen the Heartless video. I think it's alright

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR7SzOdW3Vg

Enjoy I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Yup, I hate the Black Eyed Peas autotuning, and just randomly half way through their songs will.i.am just goes 'super smash down' in this deep Nate Dogg-like autotune voice, and the whole songs just ruined. I hated The Time song.

Kanye does bits of autotune, but yep, it definitely works, and he prefers getting John Legend, Kid Cudi or Pusha T to do his choruses rather than just autotuning his own voice like others do. Runaway censored is awful. The chorus is gone. So appalled just goes

Champagne wishes, thirty white *****es
    I mean this **** is ****ing ridiculous
    ****ing ridiculous
    I mean this **** is ****ing ridiculous

And they're all swearing throughout the whole song, so it's like listening to a phone call with really bad reception, there's just massive gaps everywhere
    Ahaaaaa with that guy in their songs! So funny that but when that bit does come on if the song is tolerable before that point then its definately isn't anymore. Yeah I found so appalled censored on youtube earliar, true about the reception thing aha How can an artist agree to release songs with so many swearwords to be censored.

I don't think swearing is a neccessarily bad thing in music. Its not swearing for the sake of it if you know what I mean. Take for instance Rhianna's new song S&M. Even 'chains' and 'whips' is censored? Not a masterpiece full of meaning but completely misses the point now being censored

ReputationRep:

(Original post by gallivandalf)
    Ahaaaaa with that guy in their songs! So funny that but when that bit does come on if the song is tolerable before that point then its definately isn't anymore. Yeah I found so appalled censored on youtube earliar, true about the reception thing aha How can an artist agree to release songs with so many swearwords to be censored.

I don't think swearing is a neccessarily bad thing in music. Its not swearing for the sake of it if you know what I mean. Take for instance Rhianna's new song S&M. Even 'chains' and 'whips' is censored? Not a masterpiece full of meaning but completely misses the point now being censored
    I remember when boom boom pow came out they changed the lyrics from Sh** to shuuush lol

ReputationRep:
    chris brown - treading water <3

ReputationRep:
    You probably already know about this guy... Ed Sheeran, he's very talented. This has to be one of my favs of his though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf03MrRK05g

ReputationRep:
    The one in my sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gallivandalf)

Yup. I found Just Cant Get Enough tolerable until then, and then it was just crap.

I think the label rather than the artist forced through a censored version. It was so crap. I don't think its a bad thing either, some rappers overuse but people like Kanye, Eminem, Dre use it as required/befits, which is good. Censoring overly is stupid though, some songs have clean versions which are actually decent, but yup, censoring goes overboard so much sometimes. Sometimes I agree, because I think young people are sexualised way too early, but censoring words like chains isn't the way to stop that.

ReputationRep:
    Addicted to these two at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Jonny- Candyfloss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yhaEch_Iuc

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

If you like them you should check out the guitarists other band, deafheaven, which sounds very similar but is shoegaze/black metal (well, dumbass elitists and they like are probably all 'OMG IT'S NOT BLACK METAL IT'S TOTALLY SCREAMO INFLUENCED!!1 but whatever). Better riffs in deafheaven I think. This song is great anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Crazyfists for the embeded thingy majingy.

Love this song! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I will NEVER stop loving Windowlicker, so I hope to inflict this love upon others too..
    (starts at 4.20 but the video is pretty amusing anyway!)

ReputationRep:
    Can I cheat and do 2? I couldn't choose! :confused:

Kevin Devine :love:

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.