Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    -
    May I just say you have a very good taste in music, Sir. I've just read some of your comments, do you really think The First Chapter is better than Isolate?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasons of wither)
    do you?! wow! youre one of the few people ive met who are into both LK and metal... err, congrats! haha but yeah, have fun. one hopes you shall recount for us all after the event.

sorry but how are you still alive? :eek: id die. im glad to hear it, just spreading the love

oh my god i know, me too i think my first CD ever was avril lavigne though \m/ i actually went to see FOB in 2009 its really weird how ive changed, for my 15th i went to see FOB, for my 16th i went to see glamour of the kill and for my 17th i saw SX... also when i played guitar hero i thought dragonforce was really hardcore and cool. cringey stuff

not too keen on the first one admittedly, i thought the combinations of screaming and singing were a bit metalcore/post-hardcorey? the second one less so, so i enjoyed it more

and the song in your sig was pretty amazing, the longer the better... within reason though. octavarium and other DT stuff can sometimes get a bit tedious if youre not in the mood but back to the song- simply lovely. im really into the fast shredding atm, its fantastic

oh no :eek: what have i got myself into?! haha sure
    Luckily I have a reserve 2GB sony mp3 player so I'm not without music but it no longer registers with my computer so I have literally 3 albums that I like (Namely, This Age Of Silence by Anterior, Nocturne by The Human Abstract and Restless In The Tides by Forever In Terror). When I get 158 more gigabytes then i'll be much more happy

I totally loved Avril Lavigne! But that was also when I loved Blue and Westlife. In fairness though they are both awesome

I can see why some wouldn't like the vocals, personally I think it's awesome.

Here's another good melodeath band.

Yeh I've been listening to a lot of instrumental prog/power metal songs.

I reckon for me the longest I really like from a song is 15 minutes. Although, if I were listening to an album the whole way through I probably wouldn't even notice...

Haha nothing really, it's just nice to share my music taste with someone, i have no friends that like metal.

ReputationRep:
    Enter Shikari - Juggernauts (Nero remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBLad83-DE

Love this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    May I just say you have a very good taste in music, Sir. I've just read some of your comments, do you really think The First Chapter is better than Isolate?
    Good to hear . You also appear to have a good taste in music, heh.

I personally prefer 'The First Chapter' - but it's a close call; they're 2 very good albums. Isolate has some brilliant songs - but at times could be a bit more progressive IMO, whereas TFC gets the prog-power balance spot-on. Also, it's significantly helped by 'The Glory of the Empire', which is probably the best song Sym X never wrote :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    Good to hear . You also appear to have a good taste in music, heh.

I personally prefer 'The First Chapter' - but it's a close call; they're 2 very good albums. Isolate has some brilliant songs - but at times could be a bit more progressive IMO, whereas TFC gets the prog-power balance spot-on. Also, it's significantly helped by 'The Glory of the Empire', which is probably the best song Sym X never wrote :P
    Yeh I guess that's fair. Being more of a power than prog fan, I quite like the strong power metal vibe in Isolate, but also appreciate the prog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)
    Excellent song, the whole album'sgreat in fact.

Something a bit more mellow, and quite interesting.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neonlights)
    i love this song at the moment, the build up is so nicely

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YaVE4WVlsDQ
    I like this, loved the first album but the second one is a lot more sentimenal. The first two notes remind me of a Radiohead song and I don't know which one, I'm pretty sure they're almost the same notes!

BTW peeeeps, it's easier to listen to if you embed the video, just put the link in between [ youtube ] [ /youtube ] tags.

Will try and get through the rest.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbondummy)
    I wasn't sure I'd like this...simply because I'm an old skool fan of Chase and Status and sorta feel they've sold out the "underground" and gone pretty commercial and ergo lost they're originality. /quickly closes can of worms

However I can imagine it going off live, (not that I'd ever see Chase and Status live again but still) It's pretty ravey and old skool. me likey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wavey93)
    How do you embed a video?
    Like I say put the link in youtube tags.

[ youtube ] LINK [ / youtube ] without the gaps in the tags. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Kind of covers rock and electronica.

Alkaline Trio - Burn, 65 Days of Static remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDu2...feature=fvwrel

ReputationRep:
    [[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxxxPDps9Sc]LINK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aurora262)
    Kind of covers rock and electronica.

Alkaline Trio - Burn, 65 Days of Static remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDu2...feature=fvwrel
    Interesting genre crossover, not sure I like the breakcore-esque drums-I'd find it more listenable if it were slower. It'd sound pretty generic and sort of like Greenday even then but still

ReputationRep:
    Skream - Where you should be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United...)
    Skream - Where you should be
    Nice tune Liking the the driving bass... the vocals aren't too bad either...Skream's latest album is a lot better than Rusko's; both arguably pioneers of the dubstep genre and expected to carry the flag too... a lot of people don't like his new album much compared to the other one and his EPs and whatnot. I think there's some decent songs on it personally from what I've heard; reminds me of Starkey a little, pretty ecletic "Epic Last Song" is a favourite of mine of that album
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bit of prog/jazz fusion for you:

That's the first song I ever heard by camel. About 5 seconds in and I already loved the band.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.