Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll party whenever I want, royal wedding or not!12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sushidelight)
    ..... I for one, shall stay at home.
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    We used to have street parties when I was little, they were always brilliant. If I can find a local one, I'll be going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    God I am glad I'm in Paris.
    Paris is probably historically the city with the most cases of civil unrest in the world. So much so that the Marseillaise was sung during revolutions in the 1900s in Russia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathematicsKiller)
    Paris is probably historically the city with the most cases of civil unrest in the world. So much so that the Marseillaise was sung during revolutions in the 1900s in Russia.
    Yes, but they had the good sense to boot out their royals several centuries ago so they wouldn't have to put up with this sort of patronising poppycock.

(Original post by MathematicsKiller)
    La Marseillaise! What does civil unrest have to do with street parties? and I think you will find that they were singing due to our close bond :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Close the roads for a party? I guess that explains a lot about the M6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Yes, but they had the good sense to boot out their royals several centuries ago so they wouldn't have to put up with this sort of patronising poppycock.
    How ironic you say that, considering they replaced the royals with an Emperor, then in the 1830s brought in another monarch, then after 1871 they invited the king to return and the king rejected them.

And France today is such a paradise without its monarchy, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    After crippling the UKs funding, he expects us to "party". The only time when Street parties of such a scale occur, is when Cameron leaves no 10 for Good! :party:
    Yes, lets all sit inside and be miserable.

(Original post by gladders)
    Yes, don't you think so?

ReputationRep:
    I am seriously thinking of leaving the country on the 29th. Pop on the Eurostar to Brussels and indulge in some fine beer and chocolate. Hell, I might even find some inspiration for my dissertation topic there.

IT'S JUST TWO PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED - GET OVER IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    How ironic you say that, considering they replaced the royals with an Emperor, then in the 1830s brought in another monarch, then after 1871 they invited the king to return and the king rejected them.

Better than us.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah people just love to hate. I hink its a grate idea. Im foreign and we dont have a queen/king etc. And i think you guys should be proud you do. Its you history and it makes you country special.
    I personal find this couple a bit annoying and its weird how their faces are on cups and calendars..... but they dont harm anyone so why do you hate them.
    + its an extra weekend to have fun and celebrate something what makes you country special.

i bet if you were given no extra holiday or allowed to have street parties people would moan how in old days you were and now you are not ....and hate again!

hard to please dont you think?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if Cameron will be having a street party on Downing Street... :holmes:

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    In the first post he said he is.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    Some people will really use any excuse to Cameron-bash, it's not even funny. It's like someone told them it was fashionable so now they don't even think about a story before "PM from Mars" et cetera.
    Some people are just miserable, and want everyone else to be as miserable as they are. This constant stream of cynicism is enormously damaging to our society, and quite frankly it's childish.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    damn, what's with all the hate?

I'm no massive fan of the Royal Family, but it is our future Head of State getting married, and we've been giving a long weekend... what's to complain about? If it generates a little sense of community or national pride it will be doing better than most occasions.

I swear some people would complain if they were given a winning lottery ticket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Laughing at the commoners through the 10ft tall steel-fenced, police-guarded perimeter whilst he eats caviar on French toast and canapés, washed down with some fine champy-poos?

Also seeing as Cambo, his family and Curious George are the only residents of the street, it would be the worst party ever!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, don't you think so?
    its weird how you think so....i would say Germany is better than England in many things....
    but not France. Ive been to France many times and i really like it but if i had to choose who's better of France or England i would say England....(Im not interested in politics so i dont know much about political etc differences. im just basing my view on what i saw while being there)

+ what is it to do with monarchy . you monarchy doesn't do ****. its not like you have an evil dictator down here

ReputationRep:
    In the first post he said he is.... :rolleyes:
    :facepalm:

Serves me right for skim reading the article.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.