Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all
    I have actually done all my a levels....three years ago now! However, I need to take a biology alevel and will probably do it as a private candidate.
    I'm currently researching it all but am getting unneccessarily confused about coursework! What does this involve? The word "labs" has been mentioned... anyone doing coursework that doesn't need labs, assuming that's possible!

Basically, know anything about biology coursework/a-levels inc. human biology then please give me any deets or advice! Appreciate it =]

ReputationRep:
    Which board are you taking it on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charli_dc1990)
    Hi all
    I have actually done all my a levels....three years ago now! However, I need to take a biology alevel and will probably do it as a private candidate.
    I'm currently researching it all but am getting unneccessarily confused about coursework! What does this involve? The word "labs" has been mentioned... anyone doing coursework that doesn't need labs, assuming that's possible!

Basically, know anything about biology coursework/a-levels inc. human biology then please give me any deets or advice! Appreciate it =]
    It is a science subject, so there is always (as far as I know) going to be a lab-based coursework. You need to find a centre to do your coursework in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charli_dc1990)
    Hi all

Try the alternative to practical papers? (But its only available for overseas I think)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah OCR said there were no just exam options so I assume the coursework is tailored towards a private candidate
    thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.