Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it wrong to have children if.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I see them purely as an investment vehicle to insure against old age and ill health? Ie a replacement set of organs walking around or a wallet that can help you get dressed when you're too ill.

I'm going to be all like, if you really love daddy remember to give him your organs when you're older and daddys dying k?

Also, I'm going to have my brain vitrified and cryogenically stored at moment of death (going to take out life insurance for it) but it would still be really swell as extra insurance if my offspring can manage a trust fund financially enabling my cryo storage in perpetuity until I can be unfrozen and brought back to life.

I'll be a great parent, won't I?

ReputationRep:
    No, what parent would take there childs organs for themselves, a true parent would make sure there childs futures were secured and try keep them as healthy as possible, do you even know the implications and cost/benifits of organ donation for the donor.

Maybe a kidney, or part of the liver for your loved ones but not your whole organs =/
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, it's wrong to have children for that reason. How would you feel if that's the only reason your parents had you?

ReputationRep:
    you are disgusting..... start with pets first...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    I see them purely as an investment vehicle to insure against old age and ill health? Ie a replacement set of organs walking around or a wallet that can help you get dressed when you're too ill.
    Financially you would most likely be far better off investing all the money that would go into the children (food, accommodation, entertainment, holidays, clothes, school fees, childcare costs) and using that nest egg when you need it in retirement.

In terms of help, children have an unfortunate habit of moving away from home and not being around to tie shoes in their parents' dotage.

As for the organs, well first of all you would have to persuade them to part with what they may feel they need themselves (and not many children have donated hearts and liverds to theri parents) and then you have to consider that there is very good chance they may not be compatible donors, even if they are your offspring.

ReputationRep:
    Your reputation score tells the answer. Why do you like trolling so much?

EDIT - I think a lot more people would have negged you, but most of them have already done so to other posts by you recently and can't do it again yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Yes, it's wrong to have children for that reason. How would you feel if that's the only reason your parents had you?
    I feel it's natural.

My father had this sentiment in as so many words and he told me so, but I just want to take it a step further is all.

ReputationRep:
    Ever read the book 'My sister's keeper' it might interest you, a story about a couple who have a test tube baby to ensure a genetic match for their cancer ridden daughter to donate organs/blood/cells for her. From the minute she's born they take stuff from her, the girl ends up suing her parents for the rights to her own body. But yes, I find it wrong for parents to do that.

Give it a read. See what's instore for you and your family.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I wont be suprised if later down the line you keep pestering them about this and they're your reason for death. Jus sayin

ReputationRep:
    You say that, but I reckon once you see that little baby you'll think differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    Your reputation score tells the answer. Why do you like trolling so much?
    Have you ever considered that I'm not actually trolling but just expressing myself?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I feel it's natural.

My father had this sentiment in as so many words, but I just want to take it a step further is all.
    Then that explains where your twisted perception comes from.

I wonder if you'll still feel like that when/if you ever actually have a child. When you first hold your newborn baby in your arms, and gaze down at him/her, will the first thought that comes into your mind honestly me "there we go, I now have an investment against old age for the future"?

No sane person would think like that to be honest.

I hope you don't actually experience having children though. Nobody with your attitude deserves children.

ReputationRep:
    I wish my mum agrees to having a kidney from her children even mentioning it upsets her. She rather living on dialysis.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever considered that I'm not actually trolling but just expressing myself?
    How can a human possibly think of their children like that? It's out of my imagination.

ReputationRep:
    *Hopes this is a troll*

Yes, of course it's wrong. It's like saying you don't actually want your children.. just want them as "spare parts" and if you ever let them know that, you'd be the worst parent ever.

ReputationRep:

I'm going to be all like, if you really love daddy remember to give him your organs when you're older and daddys dying k?

Also, I'm going to have my brain vitrified and cryogenically stored at moment of death (going to take out life insurance for it) but it would still be really swell as extra insurance if my offspring can manage a trust fund financially enabling my cryo storage in perpetuity until I can be unfrozen and brought back to life.

http://blog.submityourquote.com/wp-c...ht-schrute.jpg
    just maybe...

ReputationRep:
    You realise you wouldn't actually be able to live out this sick scenario? The children would either be taken into care or would see sense when they're older and leave you well alone!

ReputationRep:

I used to think like this, then I realised there's no point spending your life in abject fear of death, it's not going to change anything and you'll just waste your life in fear.

ReputationRep:
    It's wrong to just have children for the sake of it yes. If there's no psychological/emotional readyness, no financial stabilty there, no solid basis for raising a child, then don't bother having kids in my book.

ReputationRep:
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...ious_troll.jpg

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.