Turn on thread page Beta

Is it wrong to have children if.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Then that explains where your twisted perception comes from.

I wonder if you'll still feel like that when/if you ever actually have a child. When you first hold your newborn baby in your arms, and gaze down at him/her, will the first thought that comes into your mind honestly me "there we go, I now have an investment against old age for the future"?

No sane person would think like that to be honest.

I hope you don't actually experience having children though. Nobody with your attitude deserves children.
    Well, I'm a bit more sci-fi than my old man is all, the whole cryo storage to cheat death then wake up in the year 3000 thing.

He told me that I was an investment, and he invested in me by investing in my education and he wanted a good return on his investment. At one of his friends funeral he turned and said to me, look at what his son is doing, what are you going to do for me when I'm old sick and dying on a hospital bed soon to be 6ft under?

Although, I must protest at my sanity! I'm certainly not cuckoo-crazy.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be a fantastic parent. Just like that Josef Fritzl chap... Oh wait.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's wrong! How do you think your kids will feel about that when they get older? :mad:

(Original post by The-Real-One)
    I see them purely as an investment vehicle to insure against old age and ill health? Ie a replacement set of organs walking around or a wallet that can help you get dressed when you're too ill.

I'm going to be all like, if you really love daddy remember to give him your organs when you're older and daddys dying k?

Also, I'm going to have my brain vitrified and cryogenically stored at moment of death (going to take out life insurance for it) but it would still be really swell as extra insurance if my offspring can manage a trust fund financially enabling my cryo storage in perpetuity until I can be unfrozen and brought back to life.

I'll be a great parent, won't I?
    You do know that once your head has been cryopreserved, once it's nice and brittle, your children are going to play football with it, don't you?

If you just want organs, get them grown in a lab. Less chance of your body rejecting them.

Also, negged. You're a ****.

ReputationRep:
    You are sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    You are sick
    I'm quite sure I'm not, I'm pretty sure someone somewhere will have had the same thoughts as I have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Then that explains where your twisted perception comes from.

I wonder if you'll still feel like that when/if you ever actually have a child. When you first hold your newborn baby in your arms, and gaze down at him/her, will the first thought that comes into your mind honestly me "there we go, I now have an investment against old age for the future"?

No sane person would think like that to be honest.

I hope you don't actually experience having children though. Nobody with your attitude deserves children.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    I'm quite sure I'm not, I'm pretty sure someone somewhere will have had the same thoughts as I have.
    I suggest you marry that rare person

ReputationRep:
    They'd probably leave you in a nursing home.

ReputationRep:
    I've got used to trolls but this, is something else...

ReputationRep:
    I wish people like you are unable to have children hopefully, because children are a gift to us, they are beautiful creation of nature and if taken care and brought up with good home environment with good caring parents and education can turn out to be the intelligent poeople of the future. I know my sister even tells me sometimes when i stuff like that to people like you, i shouldnt, but i do hope that every person who thinks like this is unable to have babies because you are the people who abuse children, hurt them and they grow up to be criminals etc, and its because of people like you who dont infact care about babies that they are news full of child abuse. If you do have children i hope you do think differently of them and love them so that they can grow up to be good caring intelligent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    They'd probably leave you in a nursing home.
    loli was going to say that, true why would they donate their organs for a selfish person who only had them for their benefit, im quiete sure there not going to be stupid like the OP :teehee:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.