Turn on thread page Beta

Would you let a friend in if he knocks on your door at 3am ? watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and some of my friends were having a discussion about this and I would like some more opinions on that.

So, would you let a friend of yours into your house if he knocks on your door at 3am at night? (or any time when you are in deep)

How would your reaction be if a friend knocks on your door at that time? Without knowing his reason yet.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be happy, but if they have a good reason to do so I'll of course let them in.

ReputationRep:
    Well my parents would kill them before I got there, most likely. It depends why. If they were drunk and messing around then no I wouldn't. If something had happened and they were upset and had come to mine then yes I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vindobona)
    X

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
    X
    I think I didn't make it clear in the question: If they knock and you don't know the reason as of that time, would you open the door? Tell them to come in? Ignore them? Or curse them off?

In other words: Without knowing their reason for coming, how would your first reaction be?

ReputationRep:
    I'd let them in. I know it's a hassle, but friends are there to help each other out. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be annoyed though.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I'd let them in.

There my friend, and i'm not a ****.

ReputationRep:
    In this case, I would probably invite them in and talk to them. Could be urgent or important.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, if they have good reason then I'd happily let them stay for as long as needed. If they don't then I'd happily call them an ambulance after I'd broken their legs.

ReputationRep:
    ay, isn't 3am known as the devils hour? >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    Me and some of my friends were having a discussion about this and I would like some more opinions on that.

So, would you let a friend of yours into your house if he knocks on your door at 3am at night? (or any time when you are in deep)

How would your reaction be if a friend knocks on your door at that time?
    First they've got to get me, more like, drag me off the bed for me to just open my eyes. Should be something important to make effort required to wake me up.

ReputationRep:
    That's more like what I was hoping to hear. When I had the discussion more than half would say they wouldn't let them in no matter what. They would ignore them and continue sleeping. I was shocked at why so many had this opinion. After all they would hardly come at that time for no reason. They could be in some big problems and all...

When I said that, people opposing me called that strange, while I don't think it is strange. It would be rather strange to ignore them straight away imo.

ReputationRep:
    I think I didn't make it clear in the question: If they knock and you don't know the reason as of that time, would you open the door? Tell them to come in? Ignore them? Or curse them off?

In other words: Without knowing their reason for coming, how would your first reaction be?
    I'd probably blearly open the door a bit and ask what they wanted. It's fairly easy to see if you're dealing with a drunkard or a messer even when you've just been woken up. If they're looking for help of course I'd let them in, but I'd ask before I just let them in, given the hour.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I'd let them in. Right now, no, as we're moving and my parents don't want anyone in the house.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    That's more like what I was hoping to hear. When I had the discussion more than half would say they wouldn't let them in no matter what. They would ignore them and continue sleeping. I was shocked at why so many had this opinion. After all they would hardly come at that time for no reason. They could be in some big problems and all...

When I said that, people opposing me called that strange, while I don't think it is strange. It would be rather strange to ignore them straight away imo.
    at least you know whos house not to go to now if youre in the **** at three in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming I'm no longer living with my parents, yes, and I'd let them stay, even if they didn't have a valid reason
    Living with parents is a bit trickier, they sure as hell wouldn't like it, so then I'd only let them in if they were reasonable self-aware, so that I could trust them not to make a noise

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be happy about it. To be honest i've had times when i've been out at 3 in the morning and could do with going to a friend's and asking to stay with them for the night but thought no it's my problem deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i would. i know my friends, and i'm 99% sure they are not the type of people to come around at 3am without good reason.
    so yeah, i'd let them in.

ReputationRep:
    I have before, and I would again, unless there was a very good reason why not. This is while I'm at uni though, not in the holidays as I doubt my parents would appreciate it.

ReputationRep:

How would your reaction be if a friend knocks on your door at that time? Without knowing his reason yet.
    Why would you possibly ignore a friend knocking on your door at 3AM?
    If someone is outside chapping a door at 3 in the morning, sh*t's gone down.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.