Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you let a friend in if he knocks on your door at 3am ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    had a friend, not a way close one we talked more on MSN, knock on the door around midnight. Let her in and she hasn't left since, and that was coming up to 4 years ago!
    I can't figure out if this is creepy or sweet...

ReputationRep:
    Try 5am and their ringing your fone so your parents won't wake up

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume something was up, so of course I'd let them in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    Me and some of my friends were having a discussion about this and I would like some more opinions on that.

So, would you let a friend of yours into your house if he knocks on your door at 3am at night? (or any time when you are in deep)

How would your reaction be if a friend knocks on your door at that time? Without knowing his reason yet.
    I wouldn't wake up, but supposing I did then yeah, I'd let him/her in.

My reaction? If they don't have a good reason then dependant on how good my dream was, I'd nut them :awesome:
    Nah, I'm not that harsh ( ).
    My reaction would typically be "wassup?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Well my parents would kill them before I got there, most likely. It depends why. If they were drunk and messing around then no I wouldn't. If something had happened and they were upset and had come to mine then yes I would.
    That would be the same with me.

ReputationRep:
    I think i'd let em in, my friends wouldnt knock at that time for no reason I don't think!

ReputationRep:
    Every time.

ReputationRep:
    That's more like what I was hoping to hear. When I had the discussion more than half would say they wouldn't let them in no matter what. They would ignore them and continue sleeping. I was shocked at why so many had this opinion. After all they would hardly come at that time for no reason. They could be in some big problems and all...

When I said that, people opposing me called that strange, while I don't think it is strange. It would be rather strange to ignore them straight away imo.
    Maybe the people you asked were pricks?

ReputationRep:
    Me and some of my friends were having a discussion about this and I would like some more opinions on that.

So, would you let a friend of yours into your house if he knocks on your door at 3am at night? (or any time when you are in deep)

How would your reaction be if a friend knocks on your door at that time? Without knowing his reason yet.
    Say "mate wtf" in a sleepy voice but of course id let them in lol. you can't just say no get lost

ReputationRep:
    If they were knocking loud enough to wake me up at 3am I wouldn't have a door left.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

I probably would be suprised to see them and eager to know why... and dont think i would be sleepy anymore.

..but if it was for no reason, it would depend on how tired I was..i'd ask them to sleep over/ fall asleep myself.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't hear the door.

ReputationRep:
    I'd call them a tosser and complain about it for weeks, but yeah- I'd let them in.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I'd let them in. Theyre a friend. Surely if theyre knocking on the door at 0300 then they need me. My door is always open to my friends. (And my Mum would understand too)

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the circumstances

ReputationRep:
    i would. i'd get some bedding down and a pillow if i can find it and give him a sofa. its just what you do for friends

ReputationRep:
    Depends who it was. If I liked him then I would let him in, if I don't like him and he likes me, then prob no.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Be awkward with family though, spesh as I don't even have my own room.. I wouldn't let them sleep over, there's literally nowhere for them to. But I live close enough to Central London that it's relatively easy to get a night bus to anywhere in the city, so I'd sober them up and take them to the bus stop I guess.

ReputationRep:

same sex = yes
    opposite = no

wudn't go down well with parents...

ReputationRep:
    Close friends can crash here whenever they like really, but if they wern't close I'm not sure I would appreciate it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.