The Student Room Group

If a guy says "I love you" after like a day into your relationship, do you run?

If you've been best friends for a while ~9months, then a week or so after officially being boyfriend and girlfriend, he says "I love you". What would you think? It's still a bit early though isn't it? Would it be wrong of me to say "no, you dont.."

Scroll to see replies

Everyday, everyday I'm shufflin'....
Original post by The TSR Star.

If you've been best friends for a while ~9months, then a week or so after officially being boyfriend and girlfriend, he says "I love you". What would you think? It's still a bit early though isn't it? Would it be wrong of me to say "no, you dont.."

Depends on how long he's liked you. He's probably a better judge of his own feelings than you...
You've been friends for a while so'll I just add as a friend to the 'i love you'
Reply 4

I don't see the problem. Why is it a bad thing?

Seriously, what do women want these days?
Love can be developed over the course of a friendship. Obviously he couldn't possibly love you romantically after one day, unless he harbored feelings for you during the friendship.
Reply 6
Original post by Victor-PP
I don't see the problem. Why is it a bad thing?

Seriously, what do women want these days?

This.
Reply 7
In that situation no, as he probably loved you whilst you were just friends, it'd be different if you'd just met or something.
Reply 8
Why would it make anyone run?
He's probably sure of his feelings more than anyone and if he feels he is ready to tell you, then I don't see anything wrong with that.
How you feel about him will decide how you reply to him.
Reply 9
my ex told me she loved me before we got into a relationship. why should you run? :/
Original post by LizzayBT
my ex told me she loved me before we got into a relationship. why should you run? :/

Anyone who can fall in love so quickly, can fall out of it just as fast....and back in love with another.
wow when did the world stop believing at love at first sight :frown: and after 9 months of being your friend he's easily had time to decide how he feels
Reply 12
Well if he's been your friend that's okay. 9 months can be quite a while.

If you'd just met, I'd be outta there!
Reply 13
No, no, this isn't a shrine in my house. It's... my photo album. Yes, ignore the human sacrifices. I like you, but not that much. I didn't write your name in your and my blood so we could be mixed forever. No sir, I didn't.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that he's been screaming that in his head at you for months.
If you've been friends for 9 months, then it's easy enough for him to have fallen in love with you during that time, which in that case it's not very strange at all.
Reply 16
I know what the OP means, like it's insincere and he's saying it because he might think he ought to, rather than him actually loving you.
In my case, I didn't run, I told him it was impossible to love someone after a day, and we worked out in any case. It may not be sincere but time will tell, and you don't have to reply (although you might hurt his feelings :tongue:)
Reply 17
If a guy says "I love you" after like a day into your relationship, do you run?
Yeah, I'd definitely run.

But in your case: Hell no! You've been friends for 9 months, that's enough time for him to have fallen for you. He just never told you because he was afraid or something. And now that you're like together he feels confident enough to tell you.
So please don't run.... :biggrin:
Original post by mikeyd85
I'd bet my bottom dollar that he's been screaming that in his head at you for months.

But surely romantic love develops after you actually like go into a proper relationship?
I would run a mile, but that's just me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending