Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ray Ban Wayfarers seem to have made a comeback in recent years, but I can't make my mind up whether they look good or make people look like they're trying too hard. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    It depends.....Because not everybody could get away with wearing it.

ReputationRep:
    i have a pair and i love them, But if you are thinking of buying you have to be careful as there are so many fakes. I'd only buy from sunglass hut or other highstreet shops, never anywhere online

ReputationRep:
    I lovee them

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I love them... But I am wary of looking like a hipster, so I only tend wear them when I'm a bit dressed down... Mine are an amazing ice cream-esque pink colour

ReputationRep:
    i like them. don't actually own a pair but would buy them if i was after some new sunglasses. suit more people than huge oversized glasses

ReputationRep:
    I think they're fine as sunglasses. They look hipsterish with clear lenses though, and if I find out that the person doesn't even NEED glasses I get the uncontrollable urge to punch them in the face.

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair, but they're prescription.... so that kinda cancels out any chance of trying to be cool even if I wanted to lol.

If they suit your face, then go for it. I bought them on the premise that they're a 'classic' sunglass, rather than a passing trend.

ReputationRep:
    not for me but each to thier own

i would much rather have aviators

ReputationRep:
    I love my Wayfarers, given the ridiculous amount of money I've spent on cheapish sunglasses that I don't really like, they were a pretty good investment to me! I have the new style though, smaller frame, the original ones look ridiculous on me.

ReputationRep:
    They just look like normal sunglasses to me :/ don't really like the 'flat' appearance though, sunglasses should curve a bit. (Edit: the flat style would probs look better on guys!)

ReputationRep:
    I love them. I wish I could save up and buy them rather than lust.

I have the ****ty cheap Primarni substitutes....for now.

ReputationRep:
    I love them. Unfortunately i am not quite hipsterish enough to pull them off - more of an aviator person tbh. i totally agree with the clear lenses comment as well!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    I think they're fine as sunglasses. They look hipsterish with clear lenses though, and if I find out that the person doesn't even NEED glasses I get the uncontrollable urge to punch them in the face.
    Agree, although less of the punch in the face action. I can not for the life of me think why somebody would want to wear glasses with clear lenses when they have no problems with their vision, it's just laughable. I know the answer is 'because it looks cool' (it doesn't) but it really does make you look like an idiot for just blatantly following such a pointless fashion trend.

ReputationRep:
    Ray bans in general are just lush. I'm currently choosing between a pair of wayfarers (classic black obv.) and aviators for this summer

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.