Turn on thread page Beta

The Mensa Home Test - A scam? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently sent off for the Mensa home test and it arrived a few days ago. I have completed it and found it to be really easy, in fact a little too easy which has led me to ask some questions (preferably to TSR members who have completed + sent back the home test).

Firstly (again these questions are aimed at people who have taken the test and had it marked), did you find it extremely easy? The only reason I ask this is because they have massive money making potential here: set a really easy home test and charge £7.50 to mark, most people with only slightly above average IQs do really well and get told in the letter "well done, you should take a supervised test for £15.00"... you see where I am going with this.

Secondly, if you sent it away to be marked, what sort of mark/response did you get. Were you told to take the supervised test, or did they tell you it wasn't worth it?

I would appreciate some insight here as if most people are told take the supervised test after having the home test marked then I will go straight to booking the supervised test as opposed to paying the 7.50 on top of the 15.00 or so for the supervised test.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I want to doubt their integrity as an intellectual organisation or anything, it's just that it seemed a little too easy since I don't think my IQ is sky high or anything :P

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.