One of my top 4 motivators
    65.22%
    other (state)
    4.35%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by pooo)
    Of course everybody is to a degree motivated by cash, but I notice a **** tonne of threads/questions and life decisions made on here based purely on wealth prospects.

What sub-section of students are TSRians and why are so many money motivated when a lot appear to be from wealthy backgrounds
    :/

What do you study, and where does money rank in your motivations/job expectations?

Spoiler:
    Show
    My life ambition was to be a builder like my dad, marry cheryl cole and get a nice flat near the football stadium but I knew that was just a dream and i'd be lucky to move out by 30. I got into uni by a fluke and the people at uni and on tsr seem to be super motivated/ambitious and I feel a bit :lolwut:
    Its a shame you feel that way now - on the whole young people are the LEAST motivated by money and many will tell you they value 'life experience' etc far more. The sad fact is, once you start the world of work your opportunities for 'life experiences' are extremely limited and people become far more fixated by status (new cars, new houses...) and by providing for their family and children.

Make the most of your youth whilst you still can!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in law and I'd say money is my main motivation. Not my only motivation, mind. But more important than the rest. I'm happy to work in a less than ideal job for a large amount of money if I need to. Fortunately I don't have to at the moment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.