Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck.

Me and my boyfriend have been in LDR for almost two years now. We see each other every weekend, and yesterday he arrived here and is going to stay with me for 3 weeks (we did this before, in August last year and it was great). My family is going abroad this Friday and I'm going to stay alone with him for two weeks.
    He isn't around much this week as he's doing his work experience (he's there right now as I'm writing this).

Basically today I found out that he's been a complete liar for the last two years. I don't want to go into the details of it, I'm sorry, it doesn't matter anyways, let's just say that he's been lying ALOT about relationships with other girls (he may have even cheated, I don't know anymore).

He lied to me in the past, and I found out. Our relationship froze for about a month after that but we decided to try again. And since then, he's been always telling me 'I'm not a liar, I would never lie to you again, I wouldn't risk our relationship like this again, BLAH BLAH BLAH'. And today I find out that nothing's changed, he's been lying about the same thing all the time and now it's even worse.

I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Every time I tried to question his honesty in the past he always had a massive go at me for not believing him. I can't just break up... My family is leaving Friday and I can't go with them, he has to stay here till Saturday to do his work xp but tbh I don't want him to go Saturday and be alone for two weeks... We had such great plans, we were going to move in together in September. And now I see that he will NEVER change, he will always be a liar and I either have to get on with it or break up...

How do I confront him? And when? Should I talk to him when he's back tonight? And what should I say? He's really short fused and it's easy to set him off. Like I said I don't want to be alone here for two weeks if he decided to leave after I say I can't do this anymore... I was thinking, although that's stupid, that maybe I should just enjoy those three weeks and then end it... But that's so dumb. Help!!!

/rant.

ReputationRep:
    If you think that he's a compulsive liar and he will never change then surely the most important thing to do is break up?

Vital, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snow841)
    I'm stuck.

Me and my boyfriend have been in LDR for almost two years now. We see each other every weekend, and yesterday he arrived here and is going to stay with me for 3 weeks (we did this before, in August last year and it was great). My family is going abroad this Friday and I'm going to stay alone with him for two weeks.
    He isn't around much this week as he's doing his work experience (he's there right now as I'm writing this).

Basically today I found out that he's been a complete liar for the last two years. I don't want to go into the details of it, I'm sorry, it doesn't matter anyways, let's just say that he's been lying ALOT about relationships with other girls (he may have even cheated, I don't know anymore).

He lied to me in the past, and I found out. Our relationship froze for about a month after that but we decided to try again. And since then, he's been always telling me 'I'm not a liar, I would never lie to you again, I wouldn't risk our relationship like this again, BLAH BLAH BLAH'. And today I find out that nothing's changed, he's been lying about the same thing all the time and now it's even worse.

I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Every time I tried to question his honesty in the past he always had a massive go at me for not believing him. I can't just break up... My family is leaving Friday and I can't go with them, he has to stay here till Saturday to do his work xp but tbh I don't want him to go Saturday and be alone for two weeks... We had such great plans, we were going to move in together in September. And now I see that he will NEVER change, he will always be a liar and I either have to get on with it or break up...

How do I confront him? And when? Should I talk to him when he's back tonight? And what should I say? He's really short fused and it's easy to set him off. Like I said I don't want to be alone here for two weeks if he decided to leave after I say I can't do this anymore... I was thinking, although that's stupid, that maybe I should just enjoy those three weeks and then end it... But that's so dumb. Help!!!

/rant.
    You really, really need to break up with him. He isn't going to change. If you don't want to be on your own can you go stay with friends/get a friend to stay at your house?

ReputationRep:
    Errr what did he actually lie about if he has been lying about his relationships with other girls but only MIGHT have cheated?

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of the ****-er, pronto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Errr what did he actually lie about if he has been lying about his relationships with other girls but only MIGHT have cheated?
    Yes, basically, I don't want to go into details like I said, what matters is that he is a compulsive liar and today I realised he's never going to change. It's not the only thing he's lied about, he's been lying a lot to me over the last two years but it was never anything big and I always forgave (e.g. where he was and with who etc)

I know it would be best for me to break up with him but I don't want to be here alone for two weeks! I don't have any friends that I could invite here that could stay for long... Now I regret choosing not to go with my family.

ReputationRep:
    Break up with him! He sounds like a real prick.

ReputationRep:
    The way you are talking about it makes it sound like he was lying about being friends with girls or something. If you don't explain what he actually did I'm not sure anyone can give you advice (except for the predictable 'dump the evil ****er' TSR relationship harpies)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.