Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys - Would you care if a girl was considerably taller than you in heels? watch

Announcements

I am 5ft8 barefoot and well proportioned so I'm not exactly one of those Amazonian women in Futurama but I'm 6ft1 or maybe 6ft2 in heels. I hate wearing kitten heels as well because I have long legs and they look fecking weird and childish on me. Wish I could but sadly I can't pull them off.

The problem here is that the guy I like is also 5ft8 and Im his date to a theatre ball in late April. Formal dress code which means I can't turn up in my usual flats, white tee and jeans. FFFFUUUUUUUU

He is really really hot and I don't want to seem a bit intimidating or imposing near him. Gah. He's just so perfect. :suith:

Guys would you care?
    Girls do you have any suggestions other than heels?

ReputationRep:
    Make him wear heels. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I would feel like my masculinity was being imposed upon but I'd just challenge her to a fight to regain my honour.

ReputationRep:
    i'm 6+ft myself, so this girl would have to be pretty damn tall. think i'd find it pretty hot

(Original post by sicarius1992)
    Make him wear heels. :ahee:

lol next idea.

Do you think I should show a little cleavage instead? :beard:

(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i'm 6+ft myself, so this girl would have to be pretty damn tall. think i'd find it pretty hot

No I meant in heels...

A girl doesnt have to be that tall to match or surpass your height if she is 5ft7 for example and wears the standard height of 5inch heels which would make her 6ft1 or something like that

I think :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like to be that much taller than my boyfriend :/
    I have the exact same problem sometimes though!awful isn't it haha

ReputationRep:
    I dont see why a guy would mind that much... If you slow dance or whatever you could always take your shoes off?!! ha.

ReputationRep:
    Your heels are 5 or 6 inches high?!

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me, but I'd like to see a girl who's 6'8"/6'9".

I'm 6'6", so to be considerably taller, she'd have to be 2/3" higher. If there are girls that tall, they will have UBER long legs, and I would therefore love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    I would feel like my masculinity was being imposed upon but I'd just challenge her to a fight to regain my honour.
    ................. That soon turns into a high charged romp :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I think it would bother girls more than guys. Having a boyfriend who's taller than the girl tends to always be a priority for most girls. It wouldn't really bother me unless she completely towered over me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No I meant in heels...

A girl doesnt have to be that tall to match or surpass your height if she is 5ft7 for example and wears the standard height of 5inch heels which would make her 6ft1 or something like that

I think :confused:
    oh i know you meant in heels, but you still have to be fairly tall. i think i'm like 6'1 or 6'2, haven't actually measured in ages, so lets say 5'9 to be sure they're taller (especially if i'm wearing shoes too). the average height of a woman in the UK is 5'4 and 5'9 is something like the 96th percentile. so only 1 in 25 girls is actually tall enough to pull it off.

still i'd find it pretty hot just because it really rarely happens

(Original post by Blackspur)
    Your heels are 5 or 6 inches high?!

5 inches yes. I would wear 4 or 4.5 inches if I had the choice but they don't match with the dress. My life is ridiculous.

My gf always worry about that and I tell her she's being ridiculous. I think she looks fking hot in heels. If it helps, I'm 6"0 and she's around 5"9/10 flat.

ReputationRep:
    Having a girl be taller than you is less attractive. She feels less womanly and sexy.

I dated a six foot one girl once. It reduced my attraction to her.

ReputationRep:
    Being 6 foot 9, I would be considerably scared!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 5' 8 or 9 and I'd be a bit embarrassed (sorry if this offends anyone)

OK I am going to ditch the heels then and wear plain gladiators or something with a cream lace thingy dress instead, it will be a summery evening so it should be alright then. It is a theatre ball after all

Damn it... I am not even that tall! :erm:

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't be taller than me so i wouldn't care
    and if you were you'd probably not be interested since girls like men taller than them and all that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.