The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3- June 2011 Exam

Scroll to see replies

can someone email me activity 2 and 4 please!!!
Is activity 4 going to be a letter or a report??

My email is [email protected]

Original post by CalumBagnall
Hi I have completed all the steps, and I am at the process of selecting yes or no, to maximise profit. However I am unsure of the task in hand, Is it our job to open as many stores as possbile, or is there a minimum or maximum amount of stroes you can open?

Maximise profit.

But of course, opening lots of stores can end up in a loss...

You just have to go through it methodically to find the point of turn

Also, John Taylor, it could be either, but it's basically the same thing. I would assume a report since we can include graphs etc
What is the maximum profiit, does anybody know?
also can we only use two types of advertising choices or as many as you want?
(edited 12 years ago)
What graphs/charts would you produce for activity 4?
How you meant to create these graphs/charts....
on excel using the model?
Yeah just make them in excel
Original post by grimshawwk
Eeeeek, only 8 hours until the exam now!!

R u doing edexcel, because im not doing ict till wednesday?
Reply 206
Surprised this thread isn't closed yet :l
Reply 207
Hey, how did every1 find the exam??
Kornish Kraftz one?
i suppose we are not allowed to talk about the exam
What do you need to know for activity 2?
What are the reasons to why the data provided might not be accurate?
and....
What are the reasons to why steve chose souvnier shops data over an alternative method?

Sorry guys the examination window for this exam has now opened. No discussion is allowed until the 27th May when the window closes. ANY discussion of the exam will be removed and warned appropriately.

If you have any queries about this, please make a thread in Ask A Moderator rather than on main forums.
Reply 213
What profits did people get for this Exam? There was something different in the model, :/ I got around £23,000, the highest I could get.
Original post by Zabukar
What profits did people get for this Exam? There was something different in the model, :/ I got around £23,000, the highest I could get.

I don't think it was something different in the model, it was the data that we had before the exam was different to the data in the exam.

Do you mean £230,000? I managed to get £200,000.

How did people find Activity 2? I thought the questions were quite a bit easier than the ones in the mock, but that could have just been my mock being quite hard.
omg i only got 197,000 profit howver i backed that up by saying they all had a rating over 1......lol
I got 200,600 profit, i think the order went yes,no,yes,yes,yes and the rest no's and the advertisng was billboards and leaflets
I almost screwed up by having £450k profit. Realised my formula was a bit wrong late on so in a rush settled for £155k. Might lose 2-3 marks for it, but would've lost 11 if I hadn't changed it, which is basically a grade's worth :smile:
Reply 218
good luck to everyone who did the exam
what was the most profit you guys got? Mine was about £200,690.69 or so.
I opened redruth, lands end, mouse hole and new quay with leaflets and billboards open.
Thanks
¬Adam
PS: @CallumBagnall, got same profit.
Other people, what shops did you open and advertising methods? Most people got £200,690.69. How did you get more than this with the right IF Statements?
Can anyone predict the grade boundaries.......and was this paper considerably easier to past papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending