Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SquadRedFox)
    Right guys, complete solution (See Last Post) AND my spreadsheet, where you may all look around and see how i've completed it. Feel Free.
    If you turn Bodmin to off you make more profit lol

ReputationRep:
    we have just discovered we have to do an Nested IF Statement?
    Can anyone provide me with this please?

Also, if you have over £186,591.91 profit, please explain how you got this and what you used to get the figure?

Thanks.

¬Adam K¬

PS: Good luck to everyone who has the exam Monday - Wednesday. (I have it on Thursday).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Villa73)

Also, if you have over £186,591.91 profit, please explain how you got this and what you used to get the figure?

Thanks.

¬Adam K¬

PS: Good luck to everyone who has the exam Monday - Wednesday. (I have it on Thursday).
    Hey I have attached the Excel Sheet. Check it out.
    Hope it helps
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls Copy of Kraftz_practice.xls (248.5 KB, 214 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jorgeyy)
    Don't you need some $ in there to make it easy to paste it?

So...

=IF(Values!$B7="Yes",I F(Values!B$21="Yes",Ad vertising!B7,0),0)

And surely the AND has the same effect?

=IF(AND(Values!$B7="Yes&quo t;,Values!B$21="Yes&quot,B7,0)

Which would you suggest is neatest and best to use in the exam?
    I used the second and formula!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Villa73)

Thanks.

¬Adam K¬

Hey i think the data could be different in exam so you'l have to get a different figure! However i got around £207,000 & thats the highest!! Lol... i think on the list of stores you do yes,no, yes yes yes & then all no & advertisement you have leaflets & billboards? & no to the other two! .. Hope it helps!

Good luck with your exam on thursday.. I have 5 exams next week & ICT is my last on friday so please let me know how it goes x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajay fernando)
    Guys i have completely done the model, im making a profit of £177,950.73 by opening only two shops and using all of the advertising methods! Im nt sure if im right, so if u guys cud do the model so tht we will be able to discuss whose right and the highest profit made here.

thank you
    can u send me a copy of your model coz i am struggling and i got the exam on monday plz
    thankz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadii)
    Hey i think the data could be different in exam so you'l have to get a different figure! However i got around £207,000 & thats the highest!! Lol... i think on the list of stores you do yes,no, yes yes yes & then all no & advertisement you have leaflets & billboards? & no to the other two! .. Hope it helps!

Good luck with your exam on thursday.. I have 5 exams next week & ICT is my last on friday so please let me know how it goes x
    could u send me ur model plz im struggling coz my teacher was of ill for the last month

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I teach this unit and have been reading through the posts here.

Couple of things that may help:

The exam files will be exactly the same as the ones you are currently working from.

For the model to work correctly you need to add two checks - One to see if the shop is open and one to see if advertising method has been selected. There are numerous methods of achieving this but the maximum profit achievable should be somewhere near £200,000 - if you are able to get figures well over this amount, you have set up the spreadsheet wrong.

BTW shame on the teacher who was selling the worksheets :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadii)
    I used the second and formula!
    Sweet, thats the one I made up in my class today so no need to edit worksheet... after I noticed the one our teacher provided (just an IF formula dependant on shops being open and not taking into account advertising) was wrong.

Decided to tell my teacher she was wrong to tell the class rather than keep to myself after debating it LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, thats the one I made up in my class today so no need to edit worksheet... after I noticed the one our teacher provided (just an IF formula dependant on shops being open and not taking into account advertising) was wrong.

Decided to tell my teacher she was wrong to tell the class rather than keep to myself after debating it LOL.
    LOL did the same thing lol! .. teacher was impressed and told everyone to change what they had already done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey don)
    could u send me ur model plz im struggling coz my teacher was of ill for the last month
    Hey what exactly are you struggling on?

Heres my model and you can see pretty much all the formulas etc used... hope it helps & good luck with your exam!
    Kraftz practise Sadz.xls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadii)
    LOL did the same thing lol! .. teacher was impressed and told everyone to change what they had already done
    My teacher made everyone bow down to me, not even joking...

Suck it ;D

ReputationRep:
    My teacher made everyone bow down to me, not even joking...

Suck it ;D
    haha all i got was a few claps! damn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadii)
    Hey what exactly are you struggling on?

Heres my model and you can see pretty much all the formulas etc used... hope it helps & good luck with your exam!
    Kraftz practise Sadz.xls
    thankz for that but do u know how to fill in the advertising yellow box

ReputationRep:
    thankz for that but do u know how to fill in the advertising yellow box
    Open her spreadsheet and evaluate the formulas she has used in the yellow cells...

She can't really do more than actually send you a working model for you to look at...

If you're having trouble understanding what a formula actually means/does/it's purpose just quote this and i'll explain.

ReputationRep:
    Open her spreadsheet and evaluate the formulas she has used in the yellow cells...

She can't really do more than actually send you a working model for you to look at...

If you're having trouble understanding what a formula actually means/does/it's purpose just quote this and i'll explain.
    yeh could u do that plz i cant work out where u got it from

ReputationRep:
    hi iv gt my exam next friday
    i really need help with activity 2 and 4
    cud someone plz send me thier
    also this is the formular i got
    =if(and(value!$b7="yes",b$21="ye s"),b7,0)
    it does wrk but it is differnt from saidas
    ps dnt forget to look at the rating when u open the shop as if above 1 it is good as falmouth is rated as 1.
    hope it help
    pzl cud some1 help me
    :~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Wat Da Hell*)
    Here are some generalised answers
    Hope it helps
    hi hav u already done ur exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadii)
    haha all i got was a few claps! damn
    sorry to bother u so much but could u help me with the advertising formulas

so u type them in ur or is their a easier way of doing that

thankz

ReputationRep:
    hi hav u already done ur exam
    Nopes I havn't .. Its on 25th May

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 2, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.