Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have no choice but do it by forms as student finance, stupidly canceled my account my application! I can't even make changes or do anything further to my form... So i have to use paper forms.

I still havn't been able to print them out thoughh.

who else is doing it by form?

ReputationRep:
    I am. They messed up my account as well so I had no choice. Need to get off my arse and go post it haha I hope I have included everything that I need too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smophy)
    I am. They messed up my account as well so I had no choice. Need to get off my arse and go post it haha I hope I have included everything that I need too.
    Did you just download it from the site?I only need one form right? - It seemed as if it had the parents forms etc added in it too. Also, seems much easier than doing it online!

ReputationRep:
    In my expereince, doing it by paper is a whole load easier than via the internet. Thankfully I never have to deal with student finance again but if I were to, I'd do it by paper, no question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    In my expereince, doing it by paper is a whole load easier than via the internet. Thankfully I never have to deal with student finance again but if I were to, I'd do it by paper, no question.
    Does it reach them on time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpnowplease)
    I have no choice but do it by forms as student finance, stupidly canceled my account my application! I can't even make changes or do anything further to my form... So i have to use paper forms.

I still havn't been able to print them out thoughh.

who else is doing it by form?
    You can often pick up the forms from your college, rather than having to print them all out yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    You can often pick up the forms from your college, rather than having to print them all out yourself
    oh. But it's easter holidays now

ReputationRep:
    oh. But it's easter holidays now
    Most colleges don't close because there's other stuff going on like adult learning classes etc, don't know about 6th forms attached to schools though, they might close

ReputationRep:
    Did you just download it from the site?I only need one form right? - It seemed as if it had the parents forms etc added in it too. Also, seems much easier than doing it online!
    I think it is easier than online too. Well saying that I haven't sent it of yet so I may still get it sent back with something wrong with it haha. At least you don't have to mess around with different accounts for you and your parents.

Yeah I downloaded it and just printed it off. Yeah you only need the one form but if you are sending off your birth cert for proof of identity then you will need an extra form to go with it. I only realised this at last min. If you are filling in passport details then there is no need to send anything extra. You do not need extra forms for parents, its all in that one form.

ReputationRep:
    Does it reach them on time?
    If you post it in good time, yes. I've never had a problem.

ReputationRep:
    How long till you heard something back?

I posted mine over the bank holiday, but it won't have gone till last Tuesday. I'm just worrying that it's got lost in the post or something! Do they send a confirmation email or anything ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    How long till you heard something back?

I posted mine over the bank holiday, but it won't have gone till last Tuesday. I'm just worrying that it's got lost in the post or something! Do they send a confirmation email or anything ?
    I'm a third year and therefore didn't have to complete one this year. I was referring to my experience of previous years. It can be a while though- I don't think you have anything to worry about yet. And no, as far as I remember, they don't send an email.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a third year and therefore didn't have to complete one this year. I was referring to my experience of previous years. It can be a while though- I don't think you have anything to worry about yet. And no, as far as I remember, they don't send an email.
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    eh?
    I'm a third year, so won't be eligible for student finance next year. For an MA, you don't get it. Therefore I didn't fill one in this year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.