Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

MORSE at Warwick or Maths and Stats at Manchester watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've got offers from both of these courses and could do with some advice from current maths students, especially those at Manchester or Warwick.
    Basically, I know MORSE at Warwick is a great course to get into, however, as it's such a great course to get into, this also makes me realise how competitive it is, and therefore the ilk of the others who will be going. Thinking about graduate prospects, I realise that a first or upper second is what I need really and this would surely be harder as there would be many more geniuses therefore making the raw mark grade boundaries higher for the exams. So, considering the type of people who get into MORSE at Warwick, would I have to work every hour of the day and night to do well in MORSE or would I be okay to do the 9-5, treat it like a job, idea? I might just be being intimidated needlessly here, so need the advice!
    Also, any other experiences from either of the two would be great as well!
    Thanks,
    Danni

ReputationRep:
    (BUMP)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni2010)
    Hi,
    I've got offers from both of these courses and could do with some advice from current maths students, especially those at Manchester or Warwick.
    Basically, I know MORSE at Warwick is a great course to get into, however, as it's such a great course to get into, this also makes me realise how competitive it is, and therefore the ilk of the others who will be going. Thinking about graduate prospects, I realise that a first or upper second is what I need really and this would surely be harder as there would be many more geniuses therefore making the raw mark grade boundaries higher for the exams. So, considering the type of people who get into MORSE at Warwick, would I have to work every hour of the day and night to do well in MORSE or would I be okay to do the 9-5, treat it like a job, idea? I might just be being intimidated needlessly here, so need the advice!
    Also, any other experiences from either of the two would be great as well!
    Thanks,
    Danni
    I'd say you're being needlessly intimidated. If you have the drive and passion to understand maths and are willing to put the effort in, you'd do fine at Warwick. Yes, there are intelligent people here but there are plenty of people who aren't as quick and I'd be surprised if the course at Manchester doesn't require the same skills (commitment, passion). I think if you work 9-5 you should be alright, although you must also be aware that sometimes the workload is heavy and sometimes it is light so such fixed hours may not work as effectively.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.