Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the June exam of my biology course, part of one of the units includes stuff on kingdoms, phylums . . . . . .

I'm not sure if it was a past paper or just one of a random set of questions the teacher gave us to do but it was asking for an example of a class.

In case something like that comes up on the june exam, would it be a good idea to remember the KPCOFGS (5/7 of which I already knew) for humans, just so I have an example for each one?

Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Chordata
    Class: Mammalia
    Order: Primates
    Family: Hominidae
    Genus: Homo
    Species: H. sapiens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix-j-c)
    For the June exam of my biology course, part of one of the units includes stuff on kingdoms, phylums . . . . . .

I'm not sure if it was a past paper or just one of a random set of questions the teacher gave us to do but it was asking for an example of a class.

In case something like that comes up on the june exam, would it be a good idea to remember the KPCOFGS (5/7 of which I already knew) for humans, just so I have an example for each one?

Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Chordata
    Class: Mammalia
    Order: Primates
    Family: Hominidae
    Genus: Homo
    Species: H. sapiens
    Which exam board?
    It can't do any harm to know them, but unless there are prescribed examples in your syllabus, there's no need to learn any specific examples. It might be useful to know some examples, if you ever get an extended question asking about the system, it would be useful to be able to give an example, but it is unlikely to ever be essential, unless your exam board has set an example to learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew Higgins)
    Which exam board?
    It can't do any harm to know them, but unless there are prescribed examples in your syllabus, there's no need to learn any specific examples. It might be useful to know some examples, if you ever get an extended question asking about the system, it would be useful to be able to give an example, but it is unlikely to ever be essential, unless your exam board has set an example to learn.
    Edexcel . . . yeah that's what i was thinking . . .

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.