Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've heard (and my knowledge is very limited on the issue- wso etc.) they can be pigeon-holed and hence exit ops aren't as great as other M&A roles (ignoring the elite like GS TMT of course) to PE/megafunds. Any thoughts? Would you accept Lazard HC M&A over MS M&A for example (and unfortunately I'm not in this position lol, purely hypothetical situation)?

are you asking whether industry teams in general are pigeonholed or else not sure what GS TMT refers to. industry teams won't pigeonhole you (GS only has industry teams for M&A). team-wise, it's pretty similar across the board outside of FIG, so healthcare won't pigeonhole you either.

Lazard not as big a presence in London, so you'd take MS. for PE exit opps in nyc, goes in the order of most GS TMT/FIG > MS/JP M&A > elite boutiques (Lazard, Blackstone etc) > top teams from other BBs. think PE recruiting less structured in London, so the above ranking doesn't matter as much.

from their deal flow, don't think GS TMT that good a team in London though. can anyone comment?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.