Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, so apparently there are soon going to be NUS Presidential elections. My question is: how do you vote/who is the vote open to? (N.B. I do have a NUS card but do not volunteer/work for NUS or anything like that).

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The vote was yesterday, depending on what type of student you are will depend on how you are represented but if you are at a FE/HE institution then there would have been (or the capability for there to be) delegates to represent you at the NUS National Conference that has just taken place the last 3 days. Generally these representatives are democratically elected at your institutions' union which is affiliated to the NUS and gets you your NUS card.

Ask in your institutions union, if you're are affiliated in another way that may make it a little more complex...

P.S. NUS is the national union of students, it is not just for university students/HE students.

(Original post by The Beaver)
    P.S. NUS is the national union of students, it is not just for university students/HE students.
    *Stares blankly*

Sorry, what is the difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Am Herenow)
    *Stares blankly*

FE exists too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    (Original post by I Am Herenow)
    *Stares blankly*

FE exists too.
    ^ this

Hence why there is a Vice President for FE and a Vice President for HE. I said that because you put this topic in General University Discussion, when it is wider than that, there are more FE students represented by the NUS than HE

There is more than those simply in an FE institution as well.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.