Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I got 89/100 in C3 and I was wondering because C4 is meant to be harder would it be possible to get 91+ in C4 and get an A* I mean at the moment the past paper questions etc look relatively straight forward so would it be possible?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I did better in C2 than C1 and better in C4 than C3; just because a paper is supposed to be harder doesn't mean you'll automatically get a lower mark than you did in an 'easier' paper :p: So yes it's possible. Just put your back into it and 91%+ is definitely achievable.

I must agree with b_white, a very good friend of mine is Chinese who finds Maths and Further Maths relatively easy, however she had to retake C4, it is super tough gaining the A* in C4, mostly because of the greater depth and synoptic nature of the unit. C3 however is not that difficult, you must also remember, the old specification P3, was always the most difficult unit, and C4 is literally the old P3 with some topics from the P2 as well.

The A* in C4, you can only lose 6 - 10 raw marks, depending on whether it is a easy or hard paper, that is difficult to achieve especially when it is so easy to make careless errors such as not calculating in Radian mode etc

Certainly you can achieve the A* if you start now, alot of people I know who are predicted A* grades in Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry only just started revising!

if you put as much effort into C4 as you did C3 then you should have no problem, the trouble a lot of people have is they don't divide the time between the two modules equally, due to C3 being the more interesting/fun. I managed to scrape an A* luckily, having scored 94 in C3 and 88 in C4.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.