Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am going to South Africa next January for 6 months to do some volunteer work in a school. I applied for Uni and deferred for a year. I know that I cannot apply for student finance this year, but will have to next Jan/Feb, however I will be away then so my parents will have to do it for me.

    Has anyone else been in this position and found any complications with parents doing it for you? Or just anything that I need to tell them/give them before I go


    Don't know why you would want to go to South Africa, but anyway.

    Not sure if you're allowed to do this as you need to sign the declaration form yourself etc, your parents can't do that for you.

    you can only ask your parents to do it for you if you have consented to share with Student Finance England. To do this you must send them a letter giving the details of people who you want to be able to speak on your behalf.

    However, they still wouldnt be able to forge your signature!

    Hope this helps.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.