Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so heres my problem i would really like some help with please!

okay, so it all started last friday with a BBQ in the great weather we had. we had a few people over for some drinks and a BBQ.
    now, i did have quite a bit to drink and wasnt well in the night. nothing strange there really.
    so in the morning i woke up feeling even worse than before. i threw up as soon as i sat up which is new for me as i never throw up the morning after. i tried to have some water but that came right back up. this went on from 10am to 2am the next night. this got me thinking that this isnt booze related and something worse is going on. food poisoning seems the logical answer.

so, after being sick pretty much none stop on the saturday i got to sleep and woke up on Sunday feeling a little better but still pretty ill. i was keeping water down (just about) but didnt go anywhere near food becuase i didnt feel ready.
    i weighed myself and found i have lost a bit over half a stone in that one day. im not a big lad as it is and i dont have much weight to lose like that. im guessing it was the lack of water that made me suddenly drop that weight. so i drink good amounts of water but not too much.

i also have pretty bad hay fever, was on steroids last summer to get under control it got that bad. on the sunday my hay fever started. not too bad, slightly itchy eyes, blocked nose and sneezes. nothing odd i know but this morning (monday,day 3 after the BBQ) i have a bad cough. im not coughing up much but what does come up is very green. i had the flu over xmas and was in bed for 5 days and the feeling in my lungs is exactly the same as it was then. :\

could this be becuase of the fact most of the saturday i was dry heaving becuase i had nothing in me to throw up. or could it be hay fever related.
    or could i just be that unlucky to have another illness following a pretty horrendous weekend?

Thanks in Advance

ReputationRep:
    The beef was still alive when you ate it.

(Original post by j.laurence)
    The beef was still alive when you ate it.
    why can nobody be serious on the internet these days?

ReputationRep:
    Go see your GP?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like 'roid rage to me. Stop taking all those steroids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Go see your GP?
    im not registered at uni. if i was at home i would but thats a 6 hour trip away so thats not really an option.
    and i dont really feel that i'm in need of a doc yet. people are too keen to go to the doctor today imo.

i just want to know if really bad dry heaving can damage your lungs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryRepeating)
    It sounds like 'roid rage to me. Stop taking all those steroids.
    lol, was only on them for 3 weeks and that almost a year ago... haha

ReputationRep:
    Drink plenty of fluids.

Eat as well as possible - Soup is ideal as its easy to eat, and isn't to hard to throw up if you can't hold it down.

Go to doctors!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like meat wasnt cooked properly.

ReputationRep:
    In the mainwhile try more water, soup - if you feel up for it, consume small bits of bread or salted crisps. If it persist- register with gp at uni today. stay away from anything oily, and the smell of cooking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11random)
    Drink plenty of fluids.

Eat as well as possible - Soup is ideal as its easy to eat, and isn't to hard to throw up if you can't hold it down.

Go to doctors!
    thanks for the serious answer!
    the keeping liquids and food down isn’t the problem anymore though.
    do you think this cough could have developed because of how amazingly dehydrated i had gotten?
    was over 24 hours without any sort of liquid and that was after a night of drinking which dehydrates you when you're healthy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim0miT)
    thanks for the serious answer!
    the keeping liquids and food down isn’t the problem anymore though.
    do you think this cough could have developed because of how amazingly dehydrated i had gotten?
    was over 24 hours without any sort of liquid and that was after a night of drinking which dehydrates you when you're healthy...
    It is possible, being sick from food poisoning is bound to hit your immune system so you could have just caught a virus or some kind of infection. Best to get it checked out in case you need antibiotics.

You will also be able to ask about your hay fever and whether that is the cause.

ReputationRep:
    thought i'd post an update.
    i've been sick again this morning after 2 days of keeping water down and one day of keeping food down.
    i've also just noticed my finger nails are going slightly yellow. i dont smoke!

whats going on?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.