6 - 12 Months
    23.73%
    1 Year +
    19.49%
    2 Year +
    11.02%

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
      My first serious relationship ended 6 months ago now and yeah, I can go 2-3 days without thinking about him.

I think I'll always love him. I doubt he even thinks about me at all. He seemed to have moved on pretty quickly - being with a 16 year old shortly after our break up. He's blocked me on facebook, so I guess that he's well and truly 'moved on'!
      Yeah I get what you mean. I tend to try not to think about her, but she just appears in my subconscious and it does get on my nerves At times I do wonder if they think about me at all, but if they don't and have moved on, it gives me more incentive to move on myself

And there will always be a part of me that will still care for her, but I guess I just have to let her go and not let her be a part of my life any longer

ReputationRep:
      At least 2 years. And then I met someone else and forgot about him.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by avalanche101)
      At least 2 years. And then I met someone else and forgot about him.
      ugh that's such a long time .

lol sorry i am just feeling more and more argh about the whole thing. doesn't help that me and my ex have been trying to get back together for past few months.

i'm hoping once exams are over, everything will become clear.

but i already have a niggling feeling that he doesn't care about me enough any more. and that's never gonna be good is it

ReputationRep:
      30 minutes.

I sound like a *******, but she broke up with me after three years over the phone, third day into Freshers and I'd stood by her through her bulimia and she ditched me for attention while my mum had cancer. When it had first ended I was crying and angry and an emotional embarrassment. Then my dad laid it straight to me that she wasn't worth it and I could and would do better.

Incidently he was right - I got with my current girlfriend who I've been with for six months a few weeks later. I'm not one for revenge, but she was my ex's best mate.

Talk about a Jeremy Kyle situation.

ReputationRep:
      I just voted to see the responses

ReputationRep:
      everyone's situation seems the same, they all get over it, its tough but time heals everything...

(Original post by Anonymous)
      6 months on and still not over him. He is still with the girl he ditched me for 6months ago. He still says he loves and cares about me and **** :/. It sucks
      Now over him I now really like this other guy that is the complete opposite; he is lovely, funny and we actually have stuff in common. Summer helps you get over everything though

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by moshing-fairy)
      ugh that's such a long time .

lol sorry i am just feeling more and more argh about the whole thing. doesn't help that me and my ex have been trying to get back together for past few months.

i'm hoping once exams are over, everything will become clear.

but i already have a niggling feeling that he doesn't care about me enough any more. and that's never gonna be good is it
      Sorry to hear about your relationship, but remember, there are other people out there and he is your ex for a reason!

Submit reply
    Turn on thread page Beta
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.