Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon because it's a bit embarrassing! (I'm a girl btw)

Basically I've had problems peeing since just before Christmas.. I've not really felt the need to go, and when I do go, 8 times out 10 I end up either sore or having to force myself to go. Have been tried on dozens of antibiotics, and profylactic treatment to no avial. Had a vaginal swab taken as I was getting a funny foamy discharge and pelvic/back pain - nothing. Have taken treatment for thursh anyway just in case. I don't understand it all, my entire "down below" is very sore, and is either far too wet, or far too dry. I'm wetting myself occasionally too - I end dribbling a bit after visiting the loo, or just dribbling while I'm out and about - I always smell of ammonia down below now too and it's horrible. Back end is not much better - very sore both in and out, and I'm always either running to the loo with tummy cramps, or completely unable to go.

The Dr thought it was anxiety - and treated me for that with anxiety tablets. The anxiety's not as bad, but this has remained as bad as ever. NHS 24 have sent me to A&E twice - no advice other than drink lots and pee in the bath. A 2nd GP at y practice thought maybe a urine infection - but the sample came back fine. She pressed my tummy which was very sore though. 3rd GP said I wasn't drinking enough - and so I have increased my fluid intake to no avail. Whatever I drink, I only pee 1-3 times a day.

Reffered to gynae. Asked me to do a flow/volume chart in which I had to measure every drop that went in, and every drop that came out. Discovered I was drinking about 1.5 l a day and passing about 600ml, sometimes less, a day. Gynae are asking me to come back a week on Wed for a review...

They talked about a prolapse, of my bladder, which I'd never thought of, but decided to explore inside - and lo and behold, I can feel something that wasn't there before, plus another lumpy thing further up. Both kind of move out/down when I strain. I'm confused though - gynae said they thought there might be a prolapse and that they'd do a full exam, but then told my GP there's nothing. Why tell me there's something wrong and then tell me GP I'm neurotic?

My mum seems to agree with them - that there's nothing wrong, and that I'm focusing on things too much. But I've had experience before, of doctors/my mum
    telling me I'm neurotic and then discovering that in fact I'm not, and that I actually need an operation. And I don't want to go through that again because it took me 18 months to get them to believe me last time.

So what should I do next? I mean for context, I've drunk 400 ml of fruit juice, 200 ml of lemonade, 200ml of water, and 200ml of orange juice since 8am this morning and I haven't peed yet, despite being desperate.

ReputationRep:
    why on earth are you asking a bunch of bored students.

realax about it all until you go see your gyno again. they're a much better bet than us

on a side not you're consuming a hell of a lot of sugar in those drinks!

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea maybe you have something wrong with your bladder i don't know but too sometimes have bladder problems but only when i don't drink anything for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Doctors are your only hope...
    Take the treatment properly.. Thats all I can say..

ReputationRep:
    maybe u got a really bad infection =/ only a doctor or gyno can tell gl...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you - yeah I think an infection too - my mum has suggested a kidney infection. I can go by coughing - which is giving me a sore head and tummy as I have to sit and continually cough, and pass a dribbly bit in between coughs. Which is no fun. But at least that means I can go, and I can do it in ten minute intervals I guess - so my head wont get too sore.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.