Turn on thread page Beta

My first 'girlfriend' watch

Anon or delete

I'm a 21 year old guy who has never kissed a girl before. I've tried my best to put myself out there but I've just been through a string of rejections since the age of 14. On a night out I met a great girl. She was gorgeous, funny and seemed to be entertained by my maths jokes in the smoking area outside the club (even though she didn't get them ), in fact so entertained that she asked for my number.

Couldn't believe my luck really, she called me, arranged a date and we had an awesome time together even though we're complete opposites. I'm a socially awkward, lanky virgin who studies actuarial science and she's a LSBU media student who is possibly the hottest girl I've seen in my life.

We've been texting non-stop since we met to get to know each other better. Last night we were talking about previous relationships and its seems she's a complete party girl with a long list of conquests- but she said because she's graduating this year she wants to put it all behind her and settle down. I told her that, the only action I've got is her kissing my cheek. I guessed she was a little bit put off when she had me reiterate that I was a virgin when we were out for lunch today then replied with 'Is that why you never kiss me?' I nodded and just told her that I'm new to all this and need to get used to it, she said it was fine but I could sense disappointment. Bit confused though because I thought girls wanted to take it slow? We've been dating for 3 months now- have I got to kiss her soon?

I feel so awkward since this conversation with her, I don't know what to do, where to put my hands, how many Xs to leave at the end of my texts, how to kiss her....I just felt like things were going really awesome, now I'm tempted to break it off because I have no idea what I'm doing...

I just really needed to vent and get some good opinions on where to go with this girl. All of my guy friends don't really have much experience either and the few girl mates that I have confided in have rather cattily told me that she's a **** and looks like something out of 'The Only Way is Essex', one even went as far to say that she's a potential gold digger who reckons settling down with a LSE grad will leave her set for life. This upsets me, because even though she isn't as 'clever' as the people I usually hang around with- she does charity work, she's good fun, she's incredibly kind and considerate...to top it all off, she's gorgeous.

Sorry for the essay...just some advice would be good, she's the most amazing thing to ever happen to me and I don't want to scare her off with my inexperience.

TLDR
    - I met a really hot fun girl who I'm staring to fall in love with.
    - She has lots of 'experience'
    - I'm a virgin and am too scared to kiss her, or even hold her hand in the street.
    - She's getting annoyed by this.
    - I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    You snooze, you'll lose.

Get in there!

ReputationRep:
    She's not your girlfriend.

Also, math jokes?

I shall piss on my math books come May when IB exams are done with.

ReputationRep:
    Falling in love with?!

ReputationRep:
    Just go with whatever you feel comfortable. Theres no 'guidlines' or check lsits for a relationship. Some people takes ages to kiss, have sex etc and others don't. Just relax and be yourself, if you want to kiss her but scared you will mess up etc, everyones been there. Just take it slow etc, im sure she's guna be understanding if shes as nice as you've said. Whatever you do, do not get blind drunk and embarrass yourself, alcohol will not make you any better at anything sexual.

I was in a similar predicament as you, though i was 18. Stunning girl, got on really well, but she was experienced and I was far less. If anything it made things for me easier. After the initial kissing etc, it was easy enough, she knew what she wanted, told me that and she just did her thing. Worked out really well. She asked me similar question to you, asked me why I hadn't kissed her etc and explained how I was a virgin and was unsure etc and she just said well kiss me and we'll improve from there.

End of the day bro, you're 21. The chances of you settling down isn't high, unless you want that, just don't fall into the trap that because you have sex that its life, it really isn't. Her past is irrelevant in this day and age to find a stunning girl, that ticks all the right boxes and to also be a virgin is slim, and besides who cares? It's sex, so what shes been with an amount of guys, it doesnt change anything about her and these girls you've confided in are snotty cos she's probably far more attractive.

Just stay honest, stay relaxed and go with waht YOU want, i can't stress that enough, this is YOUR life, no-one elses. And that ****e about settling down with a LSE grad will leave her set for life is a load of bull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    She's not your girlfriend.

Also, math jokes?

I shall piss on my math books come May when IB exams are done with.
    http://images.icanhascheezburger.com...8176790721.jpg

But I agree. Math jokes are incredibly lame.

ReputationRep:
    honestly, man up and kiss her! She wont be put off by you being a virgin, but she may be put off by you being frigid :/ Best of luck !

ReputationRep:
    3 months and no kiss??? Just do it!

ReputationRep:
    3 months says you must be a troll although the rest sounds legit

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you wait 3 months to kiss her?

ReputationRep:
    She's a ****ing saint to put up with dating you for three months without so much as a kiss.

ReputationRep:
    yeah 3 months and no kiss? grow a pair

ReputationRep:
    Kiss her, for heaven's sake. I kissed my first "boyfriend" :rolleyes: at the age of six when we were bored in school assembly-- it's not that big of a deal!

(Original post by reisen)
    3 months says you must be a troll although the rest sounds legit
    Fine, it was more like 2 and a half months? I'm so busy with my degree that I only get to see her once a week, which is 10 dates...and sadly I got scared all those 10 times.

(Original post by L i b)
    She's a ****ing saint to put up with dating you for three months without so much as a kiss.
    Exactly. She's amazing, and I want to stop putting her through this too

ReputationRep:
    Kissing isn't exactly hard. Google 'how to kiss properly' (or something along those line) and you can find some sort of guide there I'm sure, if you are really desperate lol. Although to be honest if most people are able to kiss properly without a guide then I'm sure you can.
    As for sex, ok it's a bit harder to be good at, but there is not really one way to be good at having sex because each person is different. Or more accurately different girls like doing it differently, i.e one girl might like rough hard wild sex, and another girl may like soft slow sex. So just go for it, eventually you'll start to learn how she likes to do it and you'll be able to please her the way she wants.

Also if it your first time, i'd recommend masturbating before you do it. Just so you last a little longer. If you can manage 5-8 min on your first go, you'll be doing alright and she probably wont suspect anything is wrong. Then after a while you'll start to get used to sex and you'll be able to go for a bit longer. Then after a lot longer and once you are really comfortable with her, you'll not care how long you last and blow your load any time you feel like it. Usually 30-60 seconds in, this is the point in a relationship where you have lost all passion and you are bascially together for convinience more than anything else :borat:

ReputationRep:
    if this girl truely likes you , then the fact that you are a virgin and havnt had previous relationships won't put her of , be yourself and let what ever happens happen , best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Make eye contact with her, down to lips, back to eyes - kiss her. Stop being a wuss.

A few things I notice about you through the veil of a nice guy:

- You say you're socially awkward - I think this is because you're self absorbed and start conversations with maths jokes - you're unable to separate work from fun. People might say 'awww bless him' - I don't, I think you're trying to impress people with your 'perceived intelligence' - in other words, far from being modest, you're arrogant. A modest person who is intelligent doesn't need to try to show people.

- You strike me as a judgy person. Yes, you went to LSE, she goes to LSBU - but I don't see why this has to come up at all - you either find her stupid or you don't - people are clever in many different ways, not just in an academic way. I find your friends to be incredibly up themselves - and I judge you by the company you keep.

- I think if you want to get with the girl do as I've said above, and read watch kissing videos on videojug and read The Female Orgasm black book and She Comes First among other books so you know what you're doing.

She likes you, she wouldn't be with you otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    That was an interesting read mate. Quite a different predicament you're in.

Look, basically if she's worth you, she'll want you regardless of experience and you'll both make it work. If she is emotionally stable and appears to be an amiable, kind <insert your GF preferences>, etc etc then you should stick in there.

Be frank, failing to communicate is where most couples lose out. Just ask her straight, tell her how you feel and how you wish to 'be with her' and really like her or w/e and then ask her if she has a problem with your virginity, tell her to be honest and that you'll be cool with her opinion. What is important to you is that you do what is best for both of youse (split up, stay together, casually date etc etc).

I'm glad you haven't given up despite reaching an age beyond most for your first kiss etc - proof that every guy has his day! But you have to make desicions for yourself. If she's the one that you want to lose your first kiss to then go for it. No one can teach you how to kiss. You just have to go do it, and its better when your not thinking too much during it. Its meant to be romantic and just happen. Just get over the initial hurdle, force yourself into it and enjoy it. It's nice kissing.

Maybe have that 'talk' first so you know where you both stand (are yoi both on the same page etc) and whether she is ok with your inexperience. Then if iy appears your both eager for it then just relax and peck her on the lips, she may respond in the same shy fashion or she may help progress the kiss to a full frontal passionate snog.

And if she's not eager than that's cool to. You had a fab 3 months, you got sone experience about being with a girl and you should take with you, your skill and your confidence and don't let any of the sad bits get you down. You are the only person stopping yourself getting girls. It's all about confidence.

Good luck my man!

Also only way is essex birds are hot :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete

I'm a 21 year old guy who has never kissed a girl before. I've tried my best to put myself out there but I've just been through a string of rejections since the age of 14. On a night out I met a great girl. She was gorgeous, funny and seemed to be entertained by my maths jokes in the smoking area outside the club (even though she didn't get them ), in fact so entertained that she asked for my number.

Couldn't believe my luck really, she called me, arranged a date and we had an awesome time together even though we're complete opposites. I'm a socially awkward, lanky virgin who studies actuarial science and she's a LSBU media student who is possibly the hottest girl I've seen in my life.

We've been texting non-stop since we met to get to know each other better. Last night we were talking about previous relationships and its seems she's a complete party girl with a long list of conquests- but she said because she's graduating this year she wants to put it all behind her and settle down. I told her that, the only action I've got is her kissing my cheek. I guessed she was a little bit put off when she had me reiterate that I was a virgin when we were out for lunch today then replied with 'Is that why you never kiss me?' I nodded and just told her that I'm new to all this and need to get used to it, she said it was fine but I could sense disappointment. Bit confused though because I thought girls wanted to take it slow? We've been dating for 3 months now- have I got to kiss her soon?

I feel so awkward since this conversation with her, I don't know what to do, where to put my hands, how many Xs to leave at the end of my texts, how to kiss her....I just felt like things were going really awesome, now I'm tempted to break it off because I have no idea what I'm doing...

I just really needed to vent and get some good opinions on where to go with this girl. All of my guy friends don't really have much experience either and the few girl mates that I have confided in have rather cattily told me that she's a **** and looks like something out of 'The Only Way is Essex', one even went as far to say that she's a potential gold digger who reckons settling down with a LSE grad will leave her set for life. This upsets me, because even though she isn't as 'clever' as the people I usually hang around with- she does charity work, she's good fun, she's incredibly kind and considerate...to top it all off, she's gorgeous.

Sorry for the essay...just some advice would be good, she's the most amazing thing to ever happen to me and I don't want to scare her off with my inexperience.

TLDR
    - I met a really hot fun girl who I'm staring to fall in love with.
    - She has lots of 'experience'
    - I'm a virgin and am too scared to kiss her, or even hold her hand in the street.
    - She's getting annoyed by this.
    - I don't know what to do.
    U need to relax firstly. Girls like men who seem relaxed and in control. Anyway, take her out, give her a drink or two, make a funny and then after she's stopped laughing, make your lunge so basically that will seem spontaneous to her. I wouldn't do it at an awkward silence mment or something

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.