Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My first 'girlfriend' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete

I'm a 21 year old guy who has never kissed a girl before. I've tried my best to put myself out there but I've just been through a string of rejections since the age of 14. On a night out I met a great girl. She was gorgeous, funny and seemed to be entertained by my maths jokes in the smoking area outside the club (even though she didn't get them ), in fact so entertained that she asked for my number.

Couldn't believe my luck really, she called me, arranged a date and we had an awesome time together even though we're complete opposites. I'm a socially awkward, lanky virgin who studies actuarial science and she's a LSBU media student who is possibly the hottest girl I've seen in my life.

We've been texting non-stop since we met to get to know each other better. Last night we were talking about previous relationships and its seems she's a complete party girl with a long list of conquests- but she said because she's graduating this year she wants to put it all behind her and settle down. I told her that, the only action I've got is her kissing my cheek. I guessed she was a little bit put off when she had me reiterate that I was a virgin when we were out for lunch today then replied with 'Is that why you never kiss me?' I nodded and just told her that I'm new to all this and need to get used to it, she said it was fine but I could sense disappointment. Bit confused though because I thought girls wanted to take it slow? We've been dating for 3 months now- have I got to kiss her soon?

I feel so awkward since this conversation with her, I don't know what to do, where to put my hands, how many Xs to leave at the end of my texts, how to kiss her....I just felt like things were going really awesome, now I'm tempted to break it off because I have no idea what I'm doing...

I just really needed to vent and get some good opinions on where to go with this girl. All of my guy friends don't really have much experience either and the few girl mates that I have confided in have rather cattily told me that she's a **** and looks like something out of 'The Only Way is Essex', one even went as far to say that she's a potential gold digger who reckons settling down with a LSE grad will leave her set for life. This upsets me, because even though she isn't as 'clever' as the people I usually hang around with- she does charity work, she's good fun, she's incredibly kind and considerate...to top it all off, she's gorgeous.

Sorry for the essay...just some advice would be good, she's the most amazing thing to ever happen to me and I don't want to scare her off with my inexperience.

TLDR
    - I met a really hot fun girl who I'm staring to fall in love with.
    - She has lots of 'experience'
    - I'm a virgin and am too scared to kiss her, or even hold her hand in the street.
    - She's getting annoyed by this.
    - I don't know what to do.
    i was the same when it came to kissing, its more of a instinct, DO NOT STICK YOUR TONGUE OUT!!!! unless she does it...

ReputationRep:
    She can't be that much of a **** if shes been with you three months and you haven't kissed her. I know it seems really pressured because you have left it quite late, but it's not that big of a deal just kiss her. It should be a natural reaction to have when you're around her so just do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JongKey)
    A maths joke - seriously? I think we found the reason you didn't get a girlfriend before lol.
    except this one finds it rather 1/cosC... :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JO FO SHO)
    except this one finds it rather 1/cosC... :ahee:
    Haha +rep

ReputationRep:
    I knew Maths was cool :haha:

ReputationRep:
    I find it really hard to believe she'd wait around 3 months for you to kiss her. Doesn't sound believable at all.

ReputationRep:
    Three months man?? What the hell are you waiting for? Should have got it done during the first week.

ReputationRep:
    Maths jokes? well whatever floats ur boat? You snooze you lose mate so try and get ur fear overwith!

Went to hers yesterday for a chat...and this song kind of describes how I feel right now:

To all those who told me to man up- thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Went to hers yesterday for a chat...and this song kind of describes how I feel right now:
    Spoiler:
    Show

To all those who told me to man up- thank you.
    (If any of this actually happened)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna learn me some math jokes :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete

I'm a 21 year old guy who has never kissed a girl before. I've tried my best to put myself out there but I've just been through a string of rejections since the age of 14. On a night out I met a great girl. She was gorgeous, funny and seemed to be entertained by my maths jokes in the smoking area outside the club (even though she didn't get them ), in fact so entertained that she asked for my number.

Couldn't believe my luck really, she called me, arranged a date and we had an awesome time together even though we're complete opposites. I'm a socially awkward, lanky virgin who studies actuarial science and she's a LSBU media student who is possibly the hottest girl I've seen in my life.

We've been texting non-stop since we met to get to know each other better. Last night we were talking about previous relationships and its seems she's a complete party girl with a long list of conquests- but she said because she's graduating this year she wants to put it all behind her and settle down. I told her that, the only action I've got is her kissing my cheek. I guessed she was a little bit put off when she had me reiterate that I was a virgin when we were out for lunch today then replied with 'Is that why you never kiss me?' I nodded and just told her that I'm new to all this and need to get used to it, she said it was fine but I could sense disappointment. Bit confused though because I thought girls wanted to take it slow? We've been dating for 3 months now- have I got to kiss her soon?

I feel so awkward since this conversation with her, I don't know what to do, where to put my hands, how many Xs to leave at the end of my texts, how to kiss her....I just felt like things were going really awesome, now I'm tempted to break it off because I have no idea what I'm doing...

I just really needed to vent and get some good opinions on where to go with this girl. All of my guy friends don't really have much experience either and the few girl mates that I have confided in have rather cattily told me that she's a **** and looks like something out of 'The Only Way is Essex', one even went as far to say that she's a potential gold digger who reckons settling down with a LSE grad will leave her set for life. This upsets me, because even though she isn't as 'clever' as the people I usually hang around with- she does charity work, she's good fun, she's incredibly kind and considerate...to top it all off, she's gorgeous.

Sorry for the essay...just some advice would be good, she's the most amazing thing to ever happen to me and I don't want to scare her off with my inexperience.

TLDR
    - I met a really hot fun girl who I'm staring to fall in love with.
    - She has lots of 'experience'
    - I'm a virgin and am too scared to kiss her, or even hold her hand in the street.
    - She's getting annoyed by this.
    - I don't know what to do.
    KISSS HER FFS!! MAN!

as plainly as i can say it you need to display your like's for her NOW! .. 3 months .... GO GO GO GO GO!!! get it????

ReputationRep:
    Ask yourself this , How has everyone else done it?

You just need to , no matter how hard it may seem at the time just go for it you will be fine. Then after the first time it will all come naturally and you will be asking yourself what the big deal really was..

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah

ReputationRep:
    its obvious
    you must KILL HER

ReputationRep:
    Losing your lipginity is a big deal, wear protection, don't rush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rancorous)
    Make eye contact with her, down to lips, back to eyes - kiss her. Stop being a wuss.

A few things I notice about you through the veil of a nice guy:

- You say you're socially awkward - I think this is because you're self absorbed and start conversations with maths jokes - you're unable to separate work from fun. People might say 'awww bless him' - I don't, I think you're trying to impress people with your 'perceived intelligence' - in other words, far from being modest, you're arrogant. A modest person who is intelligent doesn't need to try to show people.

- You strike me as a judgy person. Yes, you went to LSE, she goes to LSBU - but I don't see why this has to come up at all - you either find her stupid or you don't - people are clever in many different ways, not just in an academic way. I find your friends to be incredibly up themselves - and I judge you by the company you keep.

- I think if you want to get with the girl do as I've said above, and read watch kissing videos on videojug and read The Female Orgasm black book and She Comes First among other books so you know what you're doing.

She likes you, she wouldn't be with you otherwise.
    Could've have put it better myself! Well done Sir. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    if you continue down this path, i foresee that you will lose her

seriously, you guys only meet .. like what ? 10 times in 2.5 months ?? and you seriously lack the confidence that makes a good boyfriend

Mate, i'm probably as nerdy as how it could be. I program since I was 10 and assembled my first computer when I was 15. I went to one of the top universities in asia for my undergraduate (not that it was any good, hah!). And yet, I am in a stable and loving relationship with a beautiful girl now because I realized that there are times we should set aside the geekiness and actually be a man.

So do the right thing and kiss her and see how it progresses from there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.