Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Well, I've heard a few stories about TSR people getting together, some even marrying and having children.
    Oh dear God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'm marrying someone I met on TSR, and we're not the first TSR wedding. Though I should point out that weren't "online boyfriend/girlfriend" or anything like that - we met in real life and then got together.

There are plenty of couples on here, though most of them didn't start out by asking for online dates!
    I don't know why you got a few silly comments, but congratulations I hope it really works out for you both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xristina)
    Yeah! Congratulations! Me and my bf also met on TSR but of course like you we started dating after we met. It has been difficult since I live in greece and he lives in the UK but after three years of LDR we are finally going to be together from September since we both have offers for a masters from the same uni. Excited is not the right word
    I know its not the most romantic "normal" way to meet someone, and none of us actually went looking for it, but sometimes it just happens. I am glad it did
    This is so sweet, congratulations!

Anyway I've been talking to a girl from TSR for 6 months now, going to meet up pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    my friend wainbows met her man on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahrascal)
    my friend wainbows met her man on here
    You have a friend called "wainbows"? Her parents must've hated her :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Oh dear God.
    Why's that so bad? It's not really all that different from meeting someone in a uni soc. Safer, too.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't have thought so unless your standards are pretty low.. only gorgeous girls I've seen on here (granted I haven't conducted a thorough survey!) have been a bit young or are already in relationships - best off trying a site designed for dating or, better still, the world outside your door?

(Original post by ajp100688)
    This is TSR, full of maladjusted racist obsessed with A level grade rahs. I wouldn't advise it in all honesty
    haha, kinda true, more of the guys than the gals (who speak up) tho

(Original post by Drewski)
    Why's that so bad? It's not really all that different from meeting someone in a uni soc. Safer, too.
    :lolwut: No it isn't.

I find the idea of some people on here breeding slightly terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: No it isn't.

I find the idea of some people on here breeding slightly terrifying.
    If you've got any form of common sense about you, then, yeah, it is.

This place has over 700,000 members, it's not hard to imagine that some of them will not only be fairly pleasant people, but also well suited to one another.

ReputationRep:
    Course it is, I met my bf on here and were together for approx 3 years. Even though were not seeing each other anymore (was a mutual decision - no hard feelings on either side), I still believe that had certain things around us been different we would have been perfect together.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i'd imagine so, but love is always greater when it is simply stumbled upon by accident rather than running, losing your footing, and then rolling down a hill smashing your way through the fence of your lover's garden.

ReputationRep:
    I guess TROLLS arent my type....

ReputationRep:
    I know quite a few people who've met on TSR who started going out, only 1 of them actually lasted a while and went well though...lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)

For reals??
    Yeah obviously we met on TSR, then met properly in real life.
    They weren't nice guys. Never again.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno laugh or cry!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear God.
    :lol: I don't think it sounds that bad really. If you think about it, it's really just another way of meeting people. It may not be exactly traditional, but hey, this is the 21st century now :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I know a few people who got together through TSR. :sexface:
    Your avatar describes my face after reading your comment.

I've never dated anyone I didn't meet on TSR. That's only one person though, which is pretty pathetic for a 23 year old.

ReputationRep:
    i seriously hope not

ReputationRep:
    Possible? Yes. Advisable? Probably not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.