The Student Room Group

Is it bad to ask why you've been rejected by a girl..........?

Scroll to see replies

I think it really depends on how well you know the girl who has just rejected you. If you were a close friend I would definitely give you an honest answer; if you were just some guy at a bar I would lie to get you to leave me alone.
Reply 21
I think it's fair enough to ask, you just might not get a straight answer. Best to accept whatever answer you get though and not push her if she says something you think isn't true.
Reply 22
No it ain't, it's just like asking for UCAS feedback after you've been rejected. :teehee:
Reply 23
It sucks balls when they say 'i'm not looking for a relationship right now/ just come out of a relationship' cos they're sitting on the fence so to speak so annoying!!
'Asking for feedback in order to improve future applications' :awesome:.
Reply 25
It's like getting a university or job interview feedback. Ask her for a written explanation in the post.
Yeah that's just awkward. Instead, get the info from her friends.
if it is a someone who you have known a long time then YES...
someone you just met ...Definitely NO....
Reply 28
Original post by Anonymous
Please keep anon

So basically we all know that most men do all the hard work when it comes to chasing girls/asking them out. Anyway, if I get rejected is it wrong to ask a girl why she has rejected you if she has or would that just be awkward? I ask because even though, I sort of fit the tall, dark and handsome stereotype or so I am sometimes told (certainly dont think Im that handsome though), I would kind of like to know if there is any reason in particular that she rejected me, i.e physically/mentally or something I can work on? Has anyone every done that or is it 'frowned upon?'

I would find it extremely awkward, tbh because I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings (more). Only ask if you really know her well.

Reasons women reject men:

~in a reletionship (she probably would have said if this is the case)
~shy and the prospect of dating is too terrifying (one of my reasons when I was a teenager!)
~not physically attracted to him
~ Something about him puts her off: Bad breath, bad manners etc.
~gay
~ not intellectually attracted to him
~ doesn't want to date anyone right now (maybe just come out of a relationship)

Chances are it's one of those. Unless it's the bad breath or bad manners thing, it's nothing you can 'work on' m'dear! Things just weren't right at the time for whatever reason - I really wouldn't dwell on it or take it personally if I were you, just shrug it off and chat up someone else. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending