Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

omg i cant believe im actually doing this Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im not very romantic by nature, but today when my fiance comes back home, im going to drive him to the airport and board a plane to barcelona, his favourite city for his birthday. just thought of it today, and im actually doing it.

he loves footie and his favourite stadium is out there, thinking of requesting to play a one- a side game with him for a bit and 'let him win'. kidding, he woops my ass at it everytime.

what would you think if your partner did it for you? guys, is this too over the top?

EDIT- i called this place up, and they are up for AN HOURS worth of playing. ahaha, my fiance better start planning for my birthday already. :P

and im paying

ReputationRep:
    i like a woman with who thinks out of the box..im sure he is pleased

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

If you did that, and I was into footy, I'd be absolutely gobsmacked.

Over the top? Just hope to God he doesn't have anything important coming up. But still, that's a fairly impressive surprise.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its over the top at all! That's such a wicked gesture, I wish someone would whisk me away on holiday!! Have fun.

ReputationRep:
    Cool.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope you're paying.

ReputationRep:
    They wont let you play a 1:1 in the stadium though

ReputationRep:
    will he be worried about missing work
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    That's awesome, there should be more women like you.

As long as you're paying and he doesn't have important work coming up of course.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds awesome!

ReputationRep:
    If you mean the Nou Camp, I'd be astounded if they even let you on the grass...

Other than that, good plan :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Hold the phone!! Barca are letting you play on the pitch IN THE NOU CAMP!? Oh my good Jesus please dear God take me too hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    take me too please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    Im not very romantic by nature, but today when my fiance comes back home, im going to drive him to the airport and board a plane to barcelona, his favourite city for his birthday. just thought of it today, and im actually doing it.

he loves footie and his favourite stadium is out there, thinking of requesting to play a one- a side game with him for a bit and 'let him win'. kidding, he woops my ass at it everytime.

what would you think if your partner did it for you? guys, is this too over the top?

EDIT- i called this place up, and they are up for AN HOURS worth of playing. ahaha, my fiance better start planning for my birthday already. :P

and im paying
    you have now set a standard and for every other birthday you will have to top what you have just done lol...good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'd certainly like it. He should too.

ReputationRep:
    if my g/f did that i would be the happiest guy on earth!

ReputationRep:
    Depends if he has anything coming up. I'd wtf a bit and **** bricks trying to pack in time but yeah, it's cool.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't really over the top he's your fiance and its a lovely thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Iomg i cant believe im actually doing this
    Well, yano.....start

ReputationRep:
    Aww! That's so romantic-best of luck to you both,too (I noticed you said Fiance!)

Just awwww! :-)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.