The Student Room Group

Topless sunbathing

Not sure where this should go really. I am goin to Ayia Napa to work for the summer season and of course this means HORRENDOUS white bits!! I am thinking of going topless, to prevent this, but not sure if I should, I am very nervous. Do many people do it abroad? if so, what do you think of this? Have you ever done it girls?

Scroll to see replies

Meet me.
Pics or gtfo.
not a girl BUT if i was... i'd only do it if other people are doing it. hard to gauge on some beaches whats acceptable or not and you dont really want somebody coming over and telling you to cover up
I've never done it! I'd feel ridiculously self conscious, also as I normally go on holiday with my fam, I don't think my brother or father would be very comfortable with it!

If you want less white bits, change bikinis each day (so then the edges aren't so defined) and take straps off while sunbathing.

I've never been to Ayai Napa so can't comment on amount of people who sunbathe topless, you normally get a handful everywhere!
Reply 5
Do it
I think I might hang around Ayai Napa on Google Earth this summer :ahee:

orbital voyeurism ftw.
Reply 7
Only do it if there's other people doing it.
Reply 8
Def only do it if ther's no kids about and there's other ppl doin it, wud be horrendous having sm father with his family cm over to ask u 2 cover up :s!!! CRINGE
Reply 9
a lot of people will be doing it. could just restrict it to your own balcony or something
I went in October three years ago (well in Nissi next door, that's near enough). On the beaches away from the hotel pool there were plenty of women who sunbathed topless.
I personally would never do it.
Do it, you wont care after a couple of weeks anyway.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GoCvuu0dlQ&feature=related
Reply 13
Through my studies i have found that a positive correalation exists between the number of topless ladies on holiday and the number of males wearing sunglasses on holiday :colone:
If there's other people doing it, it's fine... I've done it. Sometimes though I just sort of take my bikini straps down and fold the bikini up a bit so it's literally just covering my nipples, and the rest of my boobs get some sun :smile:
Ew imagine peeling sunburn there. That wouldn't be attractive.
Depending on who I was going away with, I'd do it if everyone else was.
Reply 17
I do it, and I live in France where many women do.

I wouldn't do it in Ayia Napa though. But I wouldn't go to Ayia Napa either, so I suppose I'm not a good example.
[QUOTE='rach [shikari];30805621']Not sure where this should go really. I am goin to Ayia Napa to work for the summer season and of course this means HORRENDOUS white bits!! I am thinking of going topless, to prevent this, but not sure if I should, I am very nervous. Do many people do it abroad? if so, what do you think of this? Have you ever done it girls?

do it. it'll provide entertainment for all the guys :tongue:
Reply 19
In many European countries it's fine. Nothing wrong with it.
Only issue is that Ayia Napa is flooded with Brits in the summer - you'll probably give them something to stare at at the cost of getting an even tan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending