Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Topless sunbathing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach [shikari])
    Not sure where this should go really. I am goin to Ayia Napa to work for the summer season and of course this means HORRENDOUS white bits!! I am thinking of going topless, to prevent this, but not sure if I should, I am very nervous. Do many people do it abroad? if so, what do you think of this? Have you ever done it girls?
    My ex girlfriend sunbathed when we first went on holiday together, and I was initially mortified (blokes staring and oggling etc) but after a day or two I got used to it and eventually thought it was quite nice to be able to lay on the beach with my gf and get to see her boobs all day! This was in Turkey, where there were quite a few other women on the beach doing the same, and it seemed fairly normal. Sunbathing topless abroad isn't like doing it on the beach in Britain; mainland Europeans are much less repressed about the whole nakedness think than us Brits are... you might find it quite liberating and refreshing, and you'll get a bit more attention from the lads - but don't get them burnt!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget to get your friends or work colleagues to assist with spraying on suncream on the bit of your back you cannot reach easily- I got sunburn there.

Good luck with the job too.

ReputationRep:
    Id do it...why not, lol. I was topless the other day when it was really hot here. My part of the park...which was secluded very quickly became busy lol! :-) xx
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    My mother does it (though she never used to when I was younger, it's only in the past maybe 7 years or so that she started doing it).

I've never sunbathed topless, and I never will. Come to that, I'll never wear a bikini again either, even WITH a top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach [shikari])
    Not sure where this should go really. I am goin to Ayia Napa to work for the summer season and of course this means HORRENDOUS white bits!! I am thinking of going topless, to prevent this, but not sure if I should, I am very nervous. Do many people do it abroad? if so, what do you think of this? Have you ever done it girls?
    Hi

There's definitely nothing to worry about going topless. I'm the same as you and can't stand having unsightly white bits and so went topless for the first time a few years ago when I was in Egypt with my boyfriend. I was a bit apprehensive before I took my top off, particularly as we were at the hotel pool but I soon forgot about it and didn't think about it after a few minutes.

Since then, I've been away with my mum and sisters, friends and my best friend and her mum to Greece, Italy, Cyprus, Spain and even Finland. I've gone topless each of these times and have never felt uncomfortable or like anyone's been staring or perving. They're only boobs after all and nothing to be ashamed about.

I even wear a thong most of the time I'm at the beach or by the pool now (my hatred of white bits applies to bums as much as boobs!!) and I can't say I've ever had a problem or felt self-conscious. Most Europeans have a much more liberal attitude to nudity than us prudish Brits. In Finland it's even normal for families to go naked into saunas together.

My only advice if you do go topless is to make sure you put plenty of suncream on any bits that aren't ordinarily exposed to the sun. I always make sure I use factor 50 on my chest as the thought of burnt nipples doesn't bear thinking about!!

H

ReputationRep:
    To the OP- how's the job going?

ReputationRep:
    When I was in Ayia Napa loooads of women did it.

However, I didn't and probably wont cause im extremely pale and burn easy and I don't fancy sore nipples

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I hate topless sunbathers.

I wear a one piece so I always have tan lines but I don't really care, I'm pale generally anyway so it doesn't really notice.

ReputationRep:
    You might get a few comments....sometimes from children (I once apparently yelled out when I was little "look mummy, that woman is showing her boobies off" ) But check up on it first, according to my Greek travel guide you're not allowed to do it in Greece except for on nudist beaches, and I've heard the Cypriots are far more conservative than the Greeks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.