Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey, im in year 11 and im doing edexcel science i've done b1a, b1b, c1a, c1b, p1a, p1b, b2, c2, and p2, and im about to to b3, c3 and p3. im now wondering how many usm marks do i need to get in total to get an A* overall in biology, chemistry and physics. is it a total of 320 usm marks ( for each subject) or is it 360 usm marks. can somebody please tell me. you would be of great help. thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    your teacher should have told you this but its 360 ums marks for each science subject, 320 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polar Dude)
    your teacher should have told you this but its 360 ums marks for each science subject, 320 for an A
    are you 100% sure? and how do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebigbangtheory)
    are you 100% sure? and how do you know?
    im 100% sure that im right since i did edexcel triple science last year and knew how much ums mark i needed to get the grade i wanted

ReputationRep:
    im 100% sure that im right since i did edexcel triple science last year and knew how much ums mark i needed to get the grade i wanted
    ok thank you. if you dont mind me asking what grades did you get in each subject?

ReputationRep:
    ok thank you. if you dont mind me asking what grades did you get in each subject?
    Biology- A
    Chemistry A*
    Physics- A

I got over 360 ums marks for chemistry, so i got the A* but i got above 320 ums and below 360 ums and got an A in bio and physics
    they give u the exact overall ums mark in your results sheet

ReputationRep:
    Biology- A
    Chemistry A*
    Physics- A

I got over 360 ums marks for chemistry, so i got the A* but i got above 320 ums and below 360 ums and got an A in bio and physics
    they give u the exact overall ums mark in your results sheet
    cool! you did well, are you doing any of the sciences for a level? btw before you did you final b3, c3, and p3 papers did you know how many usm marks you had with all the modulars, cwswk and practical usm marks added up for each subject?

ReputationRep:
    cool! you did well, are you doing any of the sciences for a level? btw before you did you final b3, c3, and p3 papers did you know how many usm marks you had with all the modulars, cwswk and practical usm marks added up for each subject?
    thanks
    Im doing Biology and Chemistry for a level, didnt like physics so i aint doing it
    and i knew all the modulars,cwswk and practical usm marks which were added up for each subject.
    so for example, i needed to drop only 4 marks for B3 in order for me to get the A*-wasnt gonna happen
    for physics- i needed to drop 6 marks- wasnt gonna happen
    for chemistry- i need to drop 9 marks- and i got dropped less than 9 marks in C3, so i got the A*

if you need any more advice/help, you can PM me. good luck with your GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    hey, im in year 11 and im doing edexcel science i've done b1a, b1b, c1a, c1b, p1a, p1b, b2, c2, and p2, and im about to to b3, c3 and p3. im now wondering how many usm marks do i need to get in total to get an A* overall in biology, chemistry and physics. is it a total of 320 usm marks ( for each subject) or is it 360 usm marks. can somebody please tell me. you would be of great help. thank you in advance.
    hello again
    i was just about to ask this but i found this

i'm not sure what my ums marks are but what do you think i'll get in physics overall? here's my grades:

• p1a: A* (i think 40/40), p1b: A*, IAA: A*
    • P2 structure: i think 17/30, P2 multiple choice: have to get A*, IAA: A

P3: hopefully A* or A

do you think it would even be possible for me to get an A* with a B in p2 structure and lets say an A for P3

thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.