Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is it pointless going to nightclubs if you dont drink alcohol? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    as the title reads...

What do people here think??

A few friends of mine say itss not worth going if you dont drink, I disagree.

ReputationRep:
    If you can make good conversation/be interesting without alcohol, why not?

ReputationRep:
    I have a teetotal friend and she is the life and soul of any party/nightclub. More so than the drunks amongst us

ReputationRep:
    nope, few of my friends don't drink and still have great fun. they also take really funny photos and have a far higher chance of getting with somebody attractive as their eyes actually work properly

ReputationRep:
    Of course! it's all about the dancing!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Could be interesting. Just drink a lot of red bull. You will safe yourself a lot of money not drinking tbf. I end up spending 40 quid on drinks a lone on an average night couple of my mates have spent over 150 in a single night.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink, and I have a good time at nightclubs.

ReputationRep:
    I have friends who don't really drink, and i think it's great that these people don't need drink to have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    I also disagree.

I don't drink and I love to dance. Perfect combination in my book, I have a great time and save a lot of money - a lot of people don't mind whether you drink or not and you shouldn't either. It's whatever your comfortable with and most people will respect that.

If you really don't want to go clubbing, ask your friends to do something else, a comedy show, theater, dinners, bowling etc...

ReputationRep:
    Frankly, yes. People that say you can go out without drinking have, for the most part, never actually done it; I can attest it is frightfully boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    If you can make good conversation/be interesting without alcohol, why not?
    No one can make good conversation in a club. As for being interesting, who goes to do that? What makes someone "interesting" in the context of nightclubbing anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    nope, few of my friends don't drink and still have great fun. they also take really funny photos and have a far higher chance of getting with somebody attractive as their eyes actually work properly
    Why do they not drink?

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy dancing with a load of drunk people and enjoy the music, why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    Why do they not drink?
    one of them plain doesn't like the taste of alcohol. one won't tell me, think he has a history of alcoholism in his family so is just playing it safe

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's pointless, because you could still enjoy yourself.

But in my experience it's always a bit rubbish when you're not drunk or a little tipsy, just purely because everyone else is. It's just easier to have a good time when you've had a drink, since you care less and you have more confidence.

Saying that though, it depends on the nightclub.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few sober nights out. Some have been great, some have been awful. It depends on the place, the company etc. I don't really like dancing, at least, not typical club dancing, so I'm not that into clubbing anyway, I'd rather go to a bar.

ReputationRep:
    Why do they not drink?
    My reasons change every time someone asks me that, from religion, to health, to 'too mainstream for me'...

My main reason is purely the taste, but I have to admit, Kopperberg does taste quite nice

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't say pointless no, I've had long periods of self imposed sobriety myself in the past and I really have to be 'in the mood' to have a good time at a club, in the absence of awesome co-revellers, brewskis or poontaing

ReputationRep:
    drinking copious amounts of red bull achieves the same effects of alcohol....

ReputationRep:
    as the title reads...

What do people here think??

A few friends of mine say itss not worth going if you dont drink, I disagree.
    Good

That's like saying it's pointless going to a nightclub if you don't dance like a crazy person to terrible repetitive music.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.