Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: Was my reaction justified? watch

I've known this girl in my lectures since we started university (we're in second year now).

Since me and my girlfriend broke up we've been hanging out. I originally told her wasn't interested in a relationship. However, since getting to know her more I've realised I really like.

I told her and she admited she liked me too. However, she asked me if I was being serious, because of me telling her I didn't want a relationship.

This annoyed me for some reason and I told her it didn't matter anymore. She then got upset and told me she had to make sure as she said guys have told her this before and then done ****ty things such as standing her up.

However, I still feel unsure how I feel. Maybe because she couldn't trust what I said?

Bump

ReputationRep:
    She said she liked you so what's the problem? If guys in the past have been less than nice to her it's natural she'll be wary and unsure. "Once bitten, twice shy" I think the saying goes, prove to her you're not another of those guys.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've definitely overreacted, you must see why she's a little wary

ReputationRep:
    You told her you didn't want a relationship. Then you changed your mind and said you did. Then she asked if you are sure. And this made you...upset? I'm sorry, what? What are you angry about. It sounds like a normal conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Just confirm you seriously like her. She just wants that assurance.

ReputationRep:
    If you told her you didn't want a relationship, but then decided you did, she's right to be a bit wary...

it's nothing to do with trust, you've contradicted yourself and now she's just making sure she likes you, you like her, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what pill is up your ass?

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. YOU'RE the one that said you didn't want a relationship, then you're the one who said you liked her. How the hell is she supposed to know you're serious or not because you told her before that you didn't even want a relationship. You're seriously overreacting - the girl didn't even say or do anything wrong.

ReputationRep:
    You sound pretty immature to be honest

It was the way she said it
    "Are you sure? You're not messing of around are you?"

ReputationRep:
    Have you overdosed on your estrogen pill or something?

I should add we've been sleeping together since December.

ReputationRep:
    Grow a pair will you? There is nothing more off putting than a needy guy you have to watch what you say around

Do the honhourable thing. Ask her dad if you can place an application to her facebook profile which would from there in state until either party wished for such a change that the two of you are "in a relationship with..."one another.

If you can't get over it then it may e a sign that you're not ready to deal with those feelings you're getting for her, and need just a little more time before you can be in a relationship with her.

And if it's any of the girls I fancy, **** you.

ReputationRep:
    pretty reasonable to be mildly perturbed if a girl you've been seeing/sleeping with for a while questions you when you tell her you're ready for commitment now.. just set her straight and let her know it's important that trust is integral to any relationship you might have going forward

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.