Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like a friend of mine, but she hates me now. What should I do? watch

Okay, I'm a guy who for a few months made a friend whom I liked. She liked me back at one point, but we decided it was better to be friends.

But i never stopped loving her, and now she hates me for talking behind her back to a male friend of hers about issues about her such as 'I needed her away from my life for a while because she was a distraction' etc. I know it wasn't the wisest choice; i could have asked her nicely myself but I was too afraid of what she would say, but now I just want her friendship now.

I also am also knowing (but can't be proven) that she is talking behind my back saying im a backstabber etc., even though I haven't actually seen her do that, I know her friends are saying that though.

I'm a complete mess right now, what should I do? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    instead of going on rumours and what other people are saying, go up to her and ask if you two can talk about it. sort it out and next time, make sure if youre gonna talk about someone behind their back its with someone who wont say anything

ReputationRep:
    Ask her. She may not actually have said those things, or alternatively, may have said them and not meant them. I know I've been guilty of that before - not wanting people to know how much I care about someone and so trying to hide it by being negative. It's stupid, really really stupid, but she could be doing the same thing.

This may not be the case, of course, and she may have genuinely said, and meant, those things, but you've got no way of knowing without speaking to her about it. You can at least apologise for what you said and see where it goes from there.

@becilouise
    Well actually, I spoke to a good friend of hers, who told her everything. And all this happened online. I only met the girl twice but I am still deeply in love with her. But she is also the type to like 'bad boys' which I'm not.

@d123
    I did talk to her about it, she made up her mind and told me to get out of her life. I just really want to be just friends with her. I apologised so many times yet it doesn't help. I'm also a pesimisst, so I tend to blame myself for everything.

When I talkd to her about it, she asked why I said what I said. I told her I thought she kept me as an aquaintance and not a real friend, but she didn't believe me. A lot of my friends are telling me to let go, but I can't, until I am friends with her. What should I do now?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a tart, get yourself a slapper and do her....
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, I'm a guy who for a few months made a friend whom I liked. She liked me back at one point, but we decided it was better to be friends.

But i never stopped loving her, and now she hates me for talking behind her back to a male friend of hers about issues about her such as 'I needed her away from my life for a while because she was a distraction' etc. I know it wasn't the wisest choice; i could have asked her nicely myself but I was too afraid of what she would say, but now I just want her friendship now.

I also am also knowing (but can't be proven) that she is talking behind my back saying im a backstabber etc., even though I haven't actually seen her do that, I know her friends are saying that though.

I'm a complete mess right now, what should I do? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a tart, just get yourself a slapper

ReputationRep:
    You've met her twice dude... Cut your losses.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.