Turn on thread page Beta

Disgusting ab doms for 3 days.... am I injured? watch

ReputationRep:
    Right guys.... so I've never trained abs properly in my life (yes NEVER..... despite all the time I've spent in the gym).

Anyways on Friday I decided to do some ab wheel rollouts (only got 5 reps from knee's) and for the past 3 days the doms in my abs have been stupid.... like I don't look forward to **** anymore because the clenching will hurt, burping, farting ect.... all hurt to some degree.

Anyone else had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    Get it checked out just in case.

ReputationRep:
    If its been 72 hours, yeah get it checked. Never had doms in any area for more than 2 days myself.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably fine, just bad doms since you've never trained them properly before. Give it a few days and it should go.

I once trained calves to the point of eradication, the next day, I could not get out of bed. Honestly, I couldn't stand up without screaming in agony and having to sit right back down. Bed bound for 2 days!

Cool little trick to get your friends who are new to the gym. Take them with you, and do 20 all out calf exercises to failure / dropsets / supersets / restpause

it'll bring lols

ReputationRep:
    Yeah might just get some ibuprofen.... not sure if heat rub/linament will help... how do you even stretch out abs?

ReputationRep:
    Abs are an easy muscle to get rhabdo in, especially with an exercise like rollouts which contains a difficult negative. CrossFitters are getting this all the time from situps on a glute ham bench.

It is worth getting it checked out. If you only did one set of 5 you won't have ****ed anything up too hugely. If you did a few, you might have done.

I have heard it recommended that you only do five total reps of GHR situps the first time you do them because of this risk. Ab rollouts are probably harder too.

ReputationRep:
    Could be a muscle belly tear.

I had really sore abs when I started doing ab rollouts. I just waited it out until the pain subsided. Tough exercise.

ReputationRep:
    ****... some of that sounds bad, really hope its not rabdo.... gonna check the colour of my pee next time.

Other muscles are ok... and general function of body hasn't been affected too much. But yeah surprising how bad it hurts!

Cows - how long did it take for it to subside/start training again?

I can't think of much to train apart from broceps and forearms.... pretty much any barbell movement involves abs in some way or form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    ****... some of that sounds bad, really hope its not rabdo.... gonna check the colour of my pee next time.

Other muscles are ok... and general function of body hasn't been affected too much. But yeah surprising how bad it hurts!

Cows - how long did it take for it to subside/start training again?

I can't think of much to train apart from broceps and forearms.... pretty much any barbell movement involves abs in some way or form
    2-3 days i think.

Lol at calling the doms "disgusting" by the way

ReputationRep:
    thats bad news... been 3 days, just pissed into a corona bottle and the colour is like mild oragney yellow... so not quite the brown on the wikipedia page for rhabdo.

Gonna take pictures for the next few days in case I have to show the docs.

ReputationRep:
    its probably just really bad doms pal

give it a few more days before worrying

ReputationRep:
    What? I had mad hamstring DOMS for a week and then I had to train hamstrings again. Ill probably have perpetual hamstring DOMS for the remainder of this program. I dont think theres anything to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong... I've had doms before lol... just never affected every day **** for this long and this much! Fingers crossed... shame I have so much fat... doubt heat rub would get through it or ice pack lol.

ReputationRep:
    When I first started boxing I had never directly trained abs before and I was in agony for about 3-4 days after my first circuits session.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    thats bad news... been 3 days, just pissed into a corona bottle and the colour is like mild oragney yellow... so not quite the brown on the wikipedia page for rhabdo.

Gonna take pictures for the next few days in case I have to show the docs.
    Sounds like a textbook mild case, but remember I don't know ****.

You have nothing to lose by getting it checked ASAP.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.