Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To what extent are you okay with your girlfriend/boyfriend flirting with others? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol at arguments...
    I would dump a boyfriend if i knew he was flirting. I wouldn't do it, so i wouldn't want my partner to.

ReputationRep:
    Boy/girl friendships tend to be kinda playful and teasing, so sometimes friendliness looks like flirting and vice versa. As long as my boyfriend still pays me plenty of attention, I'm fine with it because I guess I 'flirt' with guys. It doesn't mean I'm attracted to them at all, and it doesn't mean I'd ever cheat.

I don't like it if a guy flirts with other girls just to get me jealous, though. (I've done that before but grown up now!)

ReputationRep:
    If she does flirt with others that means that she's going to have hangers on and people who are sexually attracted to her. I prefer to be the only one seeking her heart. My dislike of it increases with the chance that it's going to lead to bad consequences.

(Original post by elixira)
    Boy/girl friendships tend to be kinda playful and teasing, so sometimes friendliness looks like flirting and vice versa. As long as my boyfriend still pays me plenty of attention, I'm fine with it because I guess I 'flirt' with guys. It doesn't mean I'm attracted to them at all, and it doesn't mean I'd ever cheat.

I don't like it if a guy flirts with other girls just to get me jealous, though. (I've done that before but grown up now!)
    Exactly, and this is fine.I'm like this with both boys and girls and find it odd when people aren't. But sexual referencing is what I can't stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie varona)
    Men should be allowed to flirt.

Women shouldnt unless theyre are single.
    That makes no sense. None.

(Original post by .Ali.)
    I don't delude myself, I just don't hang around in scum infested chavvy clubs. I hate the orange faced ugly girls and the equally moronic men with no ambition. I'd much rather go for a nice meal, or for a theater show. Something tasteful.
    Ali, please stop. Clubs are fine, it is how you behave in them that determines what type of person you are, you don't score points for class just because you never go in them. What you consider tasteful is not always to the taste of others either. Why don't you try and befriend a chav, I think you'll find that they are not actually as bad as you think, and that they usually have a good reason for dressing and behaving as they do.

OP- As long as he doesn't actually cheat on me, I don't mind if boyfriends flirt. To be in a relationship with them in the first place I'd have to trust them, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)

Ali, please stop. Clubs are fine, it is how you behave in them that determines what type of person you are, you don't score points for class just because you never go in them. What you consider tasteful is not always to the taste of others either. Why don't you try and befriend a chav, I think you'll find that they are not actually as bad as you think, and that they usually have a good reason for dressing and behaving as they do.
    Some clubs are fine yeah, but from what he said, it implied that I hang about in horrible, chavvy clubs, which I don't. And yes, everyone has a different opinion on things, but certain things are just nicer than others. I don't do the whole getting smashed thing simply because I don't like it.

Lol, if they just dress in a chavvy way I don't have a problem with them. It's the ones that start street fights, shout at people, abuse animals, you know what I mean, the petty thugs, who annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt mind if the girl was significantly less attractive than me.

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't. It is that simple.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind in the slightest, I know he's naturally a flirty person and I love that about him. I trust him absolutely and as he quite rightly says "If I didn't want to be with you (and only you) I wouldn't be".

He doesn't mind me talking to other guys, which is quite a revelation for me =) I'm quite a tomboy and very comfortable around guy friends and I don't have to hide my friendships from him, which is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    flirting is never okay, unless it's with me. you flirt with someone else = i break up with you.

ReputationRep:
    To no extent.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think it's different for guys and girls, mainly because when a girl flirts with a ********, he tends to think he's he's pulled, even though she's taken?

Whereas if a guy flirts but then chooses to take it no further, the girl will tend to get the hint pretty quickly.

ReputationRep:
    My Girlfriend often comes home after a night out and tells me she's danced with lads, but in a crazy way. Like stupidly, jumping around etc. But I'd feel hurt/upset if at any point it got a little sexual or touchy.

ReputationRep:
    My partner can flirt (or more) with others with no complaint with me, and likewise I will flirt if I decide to do so too.
    I don't like the attitude of possession and jealously that so often clouds relationships. I for one am not interested in having a relationship with someone who interrogates me about what I get up to, and jumps down my throat if I decide to comfort an acquaintance. Nor will I impose all sorts of draconian boundaries on any partner of mine.
    We don't hide or lie about it to each other, and are quite happy with our relationship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.