Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people think a 'D' cup is big? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judgejohndeed)
    Loll I was like wtf, I don't know anyone of below a size 16 who's a 36!
    athletes or muscular women could have a 36 and they'd most likely be below a size 16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racello)
    untrue. my band size is 36 and I'm a former swimmer, flat chested and definitely not chubby
    I guess you don't realise the fact that people have different body types
    alright then you could be bigger because of being more muscular or having bigger ribs but you would still be bigger all over rather than just having big boobs so it would mean you were more likely to need a bigger clothes size even if it wasn't due to being chubby.

edit: my point was about being dubious that someone who was a 36 c was a size 10 and from quickly googling I've just came up with a size 10 having a bust measurement of 34" so I'm sticking to my doubts unless that person has a tiny waist and is pretty short and just happens to have pretty big ribs, because I doubt they could have a waist small enough to still be a size 10 if the big band size was due to muscle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judgejohndeed)
    Loll I was like wtf, I don't know anyone of below a size 16 who's a 36!
    lol i still fit into like a 28 and 30 but i perfer 32. yeah 36 is way too big

ReputationRep:
    D is good but usually only found on fat chicks, which is bad.

ReputationRep:
    It is totally related to backsize, if youre a D with a large back size you probably wont look as big as a C with a smaller back size.

ReputationRep:
    Because the old sizing system told you to add about 4 inches to your underbust and then find the difference between that number and your fullbust, i.e. another 4 inches for a D cup. So for example a 30" underbust and 38" fullbust would have been a 34D once upon a time but with the more modern sizing system this will be along the lines of a 30FF or 32F!

If anyone thinks a 28D is big, tell that to my mosquito bites LOL.

ReputationRep:
    That's true, i'm at 32D, my boobs really don't look particularly big, pretty average really seeing as i'm a size 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    I would view a Triond article on this...

:awesome:
    Oh you!

ReputationRep:
    As far as 'D' cups are concerned, this is my take:

26D = tiny ribcage, tiny boobs
    28-30D = small ribcage, small boobs
    32-34D = medium ribcage, medium boobs
    36-38D = large ribcage, large boobs
    40D = huge ribcage, huge boobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Oh you!
    Imagine someone at their computer with a sad face. That is me right now. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    My boobs piss me off sometimes when I'm lying on my front, trying to sleep. I get a little too much lift from them. Psssshh.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for no particular reason at all :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Imagine someone at their computer with a sad face. That is me right now. :sad:
    Go view your own articles to cheer yourself up at your bitter rejection. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    As far as 'D' cups are concerned, this is my take:

26D = tiny ribcage, no boobs
    28-30D = small ribcage, small boobs
    32-34D = medium ribcage, medium boobs
    36-38D = large ribcage, large boobs
    40D = huge ribcage, huge boobs
    Yeah, for people wearing the correct size, I'd say this hypothesis is about right :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Go view your own articles to cheer yourself up at your bitter rejection. :awesome:
    Sounds like a good idea! It didn't seem quite like bitter rejection, but I do enjoy the chase. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    D is fairly average. It's certainly not small and certainly not massive, though obviously a lot depends on the back size.

Most women wear the wrong bra size and even those that don't will be biased by the size of their own boobs. If you have massive boobs, you're more likely to think D is small and if you have small boobs, you're more likely to think it is big.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Yeah, for people wearing the correct size, I'd say this hypothesis is about right :top:
    But for the 80% who aren't wearing the correct size, there goes my theory lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How is this supposed to make bigger breasted girls feel?
    I hate how its fine for people to comfort small breasted girls by saying bad things about bigger breasts, but its not fine to do the opposite.
    I totally agree with this! I love how people seem to think it's okay to say "oh more than a C is pointless" but it's not okay for us to say "small tits look bad" (I don't think they do, all boobs are lovely, but it's the principle).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    It is big enough because any bigger and tits start to sag which is horrible.
    I'm a G and mine don't sag. Not all large breasted girls have saggy boobs.

(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I like you already.

Slim with big boobs is a definite win. Google Francoise Boufhal.

I boned a 28G a while back. Good times
    Just googled her, she is beautiful! And that's 'big boobs', not an average D lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I'm a G and mine don't sag. Not all large breasted girls have saggy boobs.

Just googled her, she is beautiful! And that's 'big boobs', not an average D lol.
    Yeah, I think she's a 30H, not sure though. But good lord, disproportionate FTW :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    cup size is how many inches relative to backsize. Don't quote me on this, but as i recall...
    Aa - flat chested
    A - 1 inch difference to back size
    B - 2 inch difference to back size
    C - 3 inch
    D - 4 inch
    And so on. So a 30/32 D isn't that big 36D plus starts looking big.
    I'm a 32D/34C and definitely not huge. But i'm comfortable. One should also consider that many women aren't properly measured and guess their size. Which is often too small. I was wearing 34b until i got measured.
    I agree with this. Most women are wearing a too-small cup size and too large back size. I am a 32d (professionally measured and it fits) and I'd say my boobs were average sized, not very small but definitely not large or noticeable.

I used to wear a 34b or c or even a 36a, so if a lot of women are doing the same it is no wonder people's perceptions of bust size are skewed.

If you have a 30 or 32 back, a d cup is relatively small. I can well believe Katy Perry is a dd - if she has a small back then that seems accurate because her boobs are certainly bigger than mine.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.