Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just accepted my offer for march 2012 doing nursing at glam uni! Anyone else had an offer?? I'm pretty confused about how a march intake works. Could really use some help and would love to meet some people before the big move!
    Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Did you apply for September? I'm still waiting to hear, they have put me in reserve!

ReputationRep:
    yeah I applied for both but going in march. I'm hoping they're going to ask me to start in september though as i've heard loads of people have been asked to change their start date I heard the end of march

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am starting Uni glam in March 2012 for the BN in Nursing, I applied for the September intake but was offered a place for the March. I have enquired about the September intake and was told to phone back at the end of the month to see whether there are any places left. However after reading some of the posts on here about the March intake having smaller classes, I am now in 2 minds. I am very excited and cannot wait to start, however I am also extremely nervous, as I am a mature student, and I live in Swansea and do not know anyone starting this course. Any advice would be greatfully received

ReputationRep:
    March intake is smaller, but theres still 100+ in it... it just has 2 branches instead of 4.
    As for the poster above, I know many people who commute from Swansea happily.
    Half of the students are 'mature students' too btw...

In March we have the same holidays/time off as September (summer, christmas, easter). IMO March is better in some ways - for example... when Sept cohort are on placement, March cohort are in uni, and vice versa, and over christmas, easter and summer, it falls that March cohort are in uni... but for those in September cohort, they;'re in placement... so they'll start a placement before the summer/christmas/easter, and then have to stop for time off, then get back into the placement after 2/3/6 weeks off or whatever... which must be annoying. Do I even make sense? I dunno...

I started 18 months ago, so any questions, feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for that information chi'ch. That really has put me at ease. I think that everyone would like to just get started asap which is why the september intake is so appealing. But from what you have said the March intake sounds much more suitable for me.

How are you finding the study? When do you have your exams? I imagine that they would be after christmas possibly.

When do you break up and start back in regards to the holidays? I am looking to take my children away next year and need to do it when i will be off so any information would be fantastic thanks

ReputationRep:
    I prefer March.. as you said, Sept seems more appealing cos it's sooner... but I'm glad I'm in March.

I'm really enjoying it, and the uni are really supportive etc. Exams are end of January yeah
    This year we broke up for the last week of July, through August, and the first few days of Sept (we go back the 5th), so I imagine next yr as a estimate (don't quote me on this) would be about the 23rd July (this year was 25th) going by the dates... until the 3rd Sept perhaps

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have just accepted a place for Nursing for a march 2012 start too!! What branch of nursing have you accepted? Do you know if we have to pass a medical?x

ReputationRep:
    i've gone into Adult nursing i don't think you have to pass it, i think its more to find out what vaccinations you've had. Are you going to live at home or live on campus?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I'm starting mental health nursing in march 2012, got offered it today!

Would be great to get to know some of you beforehand, to make it a little less daunting

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sophie!

I've only just seen that message!I am still not sure about where am going to live, whether am going to commute from home or live in nursing accomodation (as it is v cheap compared to uni accomodation). What about you... have you deceided about where your living?Jo xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rhiannon,

I'm doing Mental Health too! yay... met someone off my course!! Rhiannon, what are you doing about living arrangements? xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm starting march 2012 Glam Adult Nursing! So excited!!! Anyone else coming from Cardiff?
    What's the medical like? X

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have applied to cardiff, swansea and uni glam to study childrens nursing and midwifery. However i do no have maths or science gcse at grade C, i only have D grades. i have application of number level 2 key skill and also a nvq in childrens care learning and develoment. I am also currently studying a foundation degree in childhood studies that will be completed in april 2012. Has anybody got on a nursing/midwifery course without C grade GCSEs. I am considering doing an online access course through the distance learning centre but have found that cardiff does not accept online access courses. Does anybody know if uni glam would accept this for next year if i am unsuccessful. I have been unsuccessful in cardiff uni but have not heard back from swansea and uni glam.

Many Thanks

Clare

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2012

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.