Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Nick Clegg really the most hated man in Britain? watch

• View Poll Results: Is Nick Clegg the most hated man in Britain?
    Results hidden until poll closes.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I feel sorry for him because he obviously didn't aim to be. The coalition is probably the BIGGEST mistake he has ever made and will all be in vein if we don't get AV. I want to know opinions on a few questions... I'm interested.
    Why is it that people are hating more on the Lib Dems than they are on the Tories? Because they are the same old Conservative Thatcherists?
    Has Nick Clegg sold out on his party's ideals for power?
    And why are the students so angry with him for doing so?

What do you think?

(I also apologise that you can't see the results of the poll. I'm idiotic and didn't look at what I was doing...)

ReputationRep:
    He cannot possibly be as hated as Simon Cowell.

ReputationRep:
    I recon more people hate Cameron to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure people hate Nick Griffin more...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say he was the most hated. There are others who will be more hated, that's for damn certain.

However, I can guarantee that he isn't as well liked as he was during his election campaign.

ReputationRep:
    IMHO yes. He might not have had as much a part n f*~!ing up the country as Cameron has, but at least he didn't spend his whole election campaign lying again and again. It's actually quite humorous to watch the Lib Dem party broadcasts - they're almost satirical.

ReputationRep:
    He may not be the most hated. It's just that the people who dislike him are very vocal in showing their disgust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaysWho?)
    Personally, I feel sorry for him because he obviously didn't aim to be. The coalition is probably the BIGGEST mistake he has ever made and will all be in vein if we don't get AV. I want to know opinions on a few questions... I'm interested.
    Why is it that people are hating more on the Lib Dems than they are on the Tories? Because they are the same old Conservative Thatcherists?

What do you think?
    Do you agree with AV? Personally- I think it's rather silly. It's just an excuse for the Lib-Dems to "remain" in power (if you can call what they're doing now as being 'in power').
    Also- not to be on the side of The Clegg or anything- but what was he supposed to do, if not join the coalition? Let the Tories have a minority goverment and then- in turn- have every single one of their policies slashed and denounced by Labour? Although the coalition wasn't the ideal for Lib Dem voters, and they feel Nick Clegg has "sold out on his party's ideals"- at the time- it was what was best for Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Well I imagine Andy Choudry is mildly more hated. Maybe Clegg's the 2nd most hated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concupiscible)
    Do you agree with AV? Personally- I think it's rather silly. It's just an excuse for the Lib-Dems to "remain" in power (if you can call what they're doing now as being 'in power').

Although the coalition wasn't the ideal for Lib Dem voters, and they feel Nick Clegg has "sold out on his party's ideals"- at the time- it was what was best for Britain.
    I want to get AV, not because I really want AV but because (being slightly left-wing) I want Proportional Representation (But that's another matter I posted on the actual AV thread) Most Lib Dem voters will not vote Lib Dem anymore because they feel sold out and betrayed. I don't feel the Lib Dems have been strict enough with what they 'believed' in.

What do you think?

(I also apologise that you can't see the results of the poll. I'm idiotic and didn't look at what I was doing...)
    Both Tories and Lib Dems are hated as much as each other, and that hatred is spreading amongst the populace day-by-day.

Both parties have instigated policies that weren't in their manifestoes and both party leaders lied during their election broadcasts. Additionally, the whole bunch appear to be totally inept at governing. So many bad decisions, u-turns, 'pauses' and re-writing of proposals.

Nick Clegg is not alone in being a target for disdain by the electorate, and I think he should feel some sense of reassurance that we consider them all second-rate.

ReputationRep:
    Nick Clegg isn't so bad. The politicians that I do strongly dislike are Liam Fox and Diane Abbott.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Anjem Choudray more.

ReputationRep:
    Simon Cowell
    Nick Griffin
    Alan Sugar
    Fabio Capello

say no

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adMrFm3F8Ps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Both Tories and Lib Dems are hated as much as each other, and that hatred is spreading amongst the populace day-by-day.

Both parties have instigated policies that weren't in their manifestoes and both party leaders lied during their election broadcasts. Additionally, the whole bunch appear to be totally inept at governing. So many bad decisions, u-turns, 'pauses' and re-writing of proposals.

Nick Clegg is not alone in being a target for disdain by the electorate, and I think he should feel some sense of reassurance that we consider them all second-rate.
    I totally agree. As a matter of fact, I think a good lot of MPs need out and I totally disagree with an unelected house of lords.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate the guy, I just think he's a prat.

Students won't forget the party's betrayal when they grow up and I think it might haunt the lib dems for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    More people hate new labour tbh

ReputationRep:
    one of the most hated but not the most hated. That title would have to go to David Cameron or Nick Griffins

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I feel sorry for him because he obviously didn't aim to be.
    He made his bed and must now lie in it.

The coalition is probably the BIGGEST mistake he has ever made and will all be in vein if we don't get AV.
    Anyone could have predicted this would happen if he did what he did - abandon everything for what he feels is a 'miserable little compromise'.
    Whilst you might dislike your opponent, you reserve a special hatred for those who betray you. There's also the kick in the teeth of democracy for someone to go so directly against what won them the votes to get into power.
    Short answer is yes. The long answer is that he thought he had one chance for the Lib Dems to have an impact on British politics, and took it. Of course, they might have had another chance under a different leader in the future, but that's another issue
    Are you stupid?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.