Turn on thread page Beta

Is Nick Clegg really the most hated man in Britain? watch

• View Poll Results: Is Nick Clegg the most hated man in Britain?
    Results hidden until poll closes.

ReputationRep:
    I think he's disliked by many but certainly can't be the most hated person of this country.

Surely the likes of Nick Griffin, Katie Price and Cher Lloyd are more passionately hated than him.

ReputationRep:
    Its definitely a toss up between David "Call Me Dave" Cameron, Nick "I plainly lied about tution fees and the majority of my election plegdes so i could get into government" Clegg or finally Nick "I have nothing useful to say" Grifiin.

ReputationRep:
    Nick Clegg is FIT. NGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    Why?
    Because he's a lying hypocrit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The coalition certainly isn't a mistake from a Lib Dem perspective: rather than having a Conservative government which has to pander to its right-wing elements, we have a Liberal Conservative government, and some Lib Dem policies are actually getting put in place. For Nick Clegg personally, he's the Deputy Prime Minister. Labour ****ged him off and many people suggested voting for his party was a wasted vote: now he's standing at the dispatch box, effectively running the country when Cameron's away.

Some people think he lied about his policies. The problem isn't so much what he's doing now, but what he said before the election. Basically, the Lib Dems have always presented a 'dream' manifesto, with little bearing on reality. They shouldn't have.

Given the outcome of the election, this was by far the best possible outcome for Lib Dem voters.
    Such as....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leetay)
    Because he's a lying hypocrit
    Well if thats the source of your hatred, then why is it solely directed at him and not as well to just about every other politician?

Also, exactly what issue(s) has he been a hypocrite on?

ReputationRep:
    no... where did you get that from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    He cannot possibly be as hated as Simon Cowell.
    simon cowells cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean2011)
    Its definitely a toss up between David "Call Me Dave" Cameron, Nick "I plainly lied about tution fees and the majority of my election plegdes so i could get into government" Clegg or finally Nick "I have nothing useful to say" Grifiin.

I don't think many people expected the Lib Dems to be in Government, let alone have 'free' tuition fees...

ReputationRep:
    I think hatred needs to be broader. We aren't angry enough:

Bankers Bailouts and Bonuses
    MPs Expenses

Lets get angry...

ReputationRep:
    As a person who now sees politicians in a different light I have to say that this coalition and whatever has become of it, and whatever it will do now unto the future, I hope every single student or individual student wannabe suffers terribly for it. They have brought this on themselves. The politicians are not to blame in this. They are only doing what is necessary. The people, the voters, they will bring on this themselves through fault of their own. They could change this overnight, yet the plebs are too weak to rise up. If they cannot do it, and let themselves be walked over then they deserve everything they get, and more.

(Original post by leetay)

Your belief that a poll is bound to show one thing just because of the newspaper it was done for is misguided and ignorant.
    In case you didn't notice; I replied with a suggestion, not an answer. The big clue was in the question mark at the end of each sentence. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well no, theres those muslims who burn poppies, claim benefits and yet talk **** about this country.
    So if had a gun and had to choice who to shoot letme put it this way, Clegg would be able to carry on with his verbal diarrhea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DdotT)
    Well no, theres those muslims who burn poppies, claim benefits and yet talk **** about this country.
    So if had a gun and had to choice who to shoot letme put it this way, Clegg would be able to carry on with his verbal diarrhea.
    not every single muslim does that, there are other people who aren't muslims who claim benefits and such. I feel it's unfair to generalise and blame a certain group of people, espesically when the minority are ruining it for the rest :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardropsx)
    not every single muslim does that, there are other people who aren't muslims who claim benefits and such. I feel it's unfair to generalise and blame a certain group of people, espesically when the minority are ruining it for the rest :/
    Not a problem with Nick Clegg - at most there's probably only two Nick Clegg's in the UK so he's a majority/equal, not a minority! :P

ReputationRep:
    He's a politician who didnt keep his promisses. How shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaysWho?)
    Personally, I feel sorry for him because he obviously didn't aim to be. The coalition is probably the BIGGEST mistake he has ever made and will all be in vein if we don't get AV. I want to know opinions on a few questions... I'm interested.
    Why is it that people are hating more on the Lib Dems than they are on the Tories? Because they are the same old Conservative Thatcherists?
    Has Nick Clegg sold out on his party's ideals for power?
    And why are the students so angry with him for doing so?

What do you think?

(I also apologise that you can't see the results of the poll. I'm idiotic and didn't look at what I was doing...)
    Because what Clegg did is, he agreed to join a government (that is-to work under the command of Cameron) for the pure greed of having some power, you know.. ' yay this is our big chance!'. What he essentially did, is ruin the Lib-Dems. Who is going to vote for them now that they have shown themselves to be spineless? If Clegg had waited, they'd have remained strong to their party values, they'd have gained more votes as people were really beginning to open up to them..but no, Clegg was tempted and he stuck his foot in his mouth.

I don't hate him though. If I could pick any Brit to hate, it's someone like Simon Cowell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaysWho?)
    Personally, I feel sorry for him because he obviously didn't aim to be. The coalition is probably the BIGGEST mistake he has ever made and will all be in vein if we don't get AV. I want to know opinions on a few questions... I'm interested.
    Why is it that people are hating more on the Lib Dems than they are on the Tories? Because they are the same old Conservative Thatcherists?
    Has Nick Clegg sold out on his party's ideals for power?
    And why are the students so angry with him for doing so?

What do you think?

(I also apologise that you can't see the results of the poll. I'm idiotic and didn't look at what I was doing...)
    I find this thing absolutely stupid. How can anyone write someone's political obituary after less than a year of the said person being in government? It is just ridiculous. Clegg has 48 months left untill he has something to show for his long-term plan in government. Surely if the economy is going well, and he has achieved everything he promised, and the results show, then surely Clegg will benefit hugely? Surely nobody will base his success or failure on one policy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanley Baldwin)
    I find this thing absolutely stupid. How can anyone write someone's political obituary after less than a year of the said person being in government? It is just ridiculous. Clegg has 48 months left untill he has something to show for his long-term plan in government. Surely if the economy is going well, and he has achieved everything he promised, and the results show, then surely Clegg will benefit hugely? Surely nobody will base his success or failure on one policy?
    I wondered what people thought of him so far. And I haven't written a political obituary, I just asked a few questions wondering what other people though about the matter. I will post a reaction to your new thread with agreements to some things you have said. I'm actually waiting for the referendum and then I will look more deeply into the matter of whether Clegg was right or wrong.

Besides, he likes to joke that he forgot he was running the country...
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...g-the-country/

ReputationRep:
    nope nick griffin wins the gold medal with nick clegg probably winning the silver medal

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.