The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Who's going to Abertay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Tortilliontaco

But otherwise, It's lovely :smile: Maybe I just had a bad time! What are you gonna be studying? : D

Oh wow :biggrin: That story is something I would expect from teh other halls as they r old.. :frown: What a horror story. Still, maybe htey improved + I don`t really care much about heating + I like the size of the 3rd type of the flat
Oh well, I will have a look around when I come there for sure :smile:

I am gonna study Ethical Hacking and hopefully at Abertay :biggrin: Still no response :frown:
University logo
Abertay University
Original post by THESHade

Oh wow :biggrin: That story is something I would expect from teh other halls as they r old.. :frown: What a horror story. Still, maybe htey improved + I don`t really care much about heating + I like the size of the 3rd type of the flat
Oh well, I will have a look around when I come there for sure :smile:

I am gonna study Ethical Hacking and hopefully at Abertay :biggrin: Still no response :frown:

Yeah, it wasn't so great! I don't think they've changed all that much, but if you wanna go there, you should! :smile: Aw cool! I knew someone who did that, and I've heard it's really good : D Yay for computing!
Reply 202
:smile: Aw cool! I knew someone who did that, and I've heard it's really good : D Yay for computing!

Indeed :smile: And Abertay is great for it as anyone here knows :biggrin:

Indeed :smile: And Abertay is great for it as anyone here knows :biggrin:

It is! That's why I'm going there and nowhere else! :smile:
Just so you guys know, I am in Opal this year and it's much batter. I've heard a lot of people saying how bad it was last year but personally not had a lot of those problems.

The lift has broken twice, though, and they can be really slow to fix things, but apart from that I'd recommend it. Opal has a good party atmosphere and it's so convenient for getting to uni!
Original post by caiitlinz

Just so you guys know, I am in Opal this year and it's much batter. I've heard a lot of people saying how bad it was last year but personally not had a lot of those problems.

The lift has broken twice, though, and they can be really slow to fix things, but apart from that I'd recommend it. Opal has a good party atmosphere and it's so convenient for getting to uni!

I'm glad it's gotten better! It was so dreary and horrible to live in when I was there. It was like a prison! :frown: The only thing that would put me off going back is how expensive it is :frown: x
Reply 206
I GOT AN INTERVIEEEEW!!!! :bban::bumps::danceboy::danceboy::danceboy::dance::dancing2::dancing:
Now I just hope they will move it for my proposed day as I already booked my train and plane tickets :biggrin:
Other than that I am super uber happy as that means everything is okay with my application and that they are srsly considering it. WOOHOOOO
Now I can finally sleep and relax :biggrin: (I hope ... :biggrin: )
EDIT: Awesome, I was told I can go for an interview on a Wendsday of the week I will be there (21st March) so that is awesome
(edited 12 years ago)
I GOT AN INTERVIEEEEW!!!! :bban::bumps::danceboy::danceboy::danceboy::dance::dancing2::dancing:
Now I just hope they will move it for my proposed day as I already booked my train and plane tickets :biggrin:
Other than that I am super uber happy as that means everything is okay with my application and that they are srsly considering it. WOOHOOOO
Now I can finally sleep and relax :biggrin: (I hope ... :biggrin: )
EDIT: Awesome, I was told I can go for an interview on a Wendsday of the week I will be there (21st March) so that is awesome

Congrats :biggrin: I also got one today, for the 1st March for EH and DF. Anyone else heard?
Reply 208
Original post by smartipants
Congrats :biggrin: I also got one today, for the 1st March for EH and DF. Anyone else heard?

Isengard got one as well so from my small sample size I deduce that everyone did :smile:
Reply 209
Original post by jamesxd
Same here :biggrin: Not heard back from any of my other choices yet but will probably be going to Abertay, sounds like the best choice.

Nice one :biggrin:

Yeah i think for games design Abertay is the best option, it was the only one i applied to as well, **** knows what i would have done if i got rejected :biggrin:
Reply 210
Yeah Conditional for Forensic Science. :banana::crazy::danceboy::dance::dancing2:

Thanks Caitlin :biggrin: I'm gonna apply there this year then, cause it was the bad things that made me hate it, but if it's better now then I have no reason not to go back! :biggrin:

Also, Congrats to everyone getting in! :biggrin: x
Reply 212
Thanks Caitlin :biggrin: I'm gonna apply there this year then, cause it was the bad things that made me hate it, but if it's better now then I have no reason not to go back! :biggrin:

Also, Congrats to everyone getting in! :biggrin: x

Then we might be room-mates :biggrin:
Reply 213
Is Opal the most expensive accommodation compared to the other options?
Reply 214
Original post by isengard1
Is Opal the most expensive accommodation compared to the other options?

No, but it`s the most expensive one out of the ones that are affiliated to Abertay
There are some accom. that are 130 p.w.on a similar level than Opal (I think there are links in this thread)
However, Opal isn`t that much more expensive than other halls, 10 pounds isn`t that much (even though it adds up to 440 overall but it`s manageable, and that`s saying the dude from the country where u pay 200 pounds a month(per person) for rent in a capital city of my country)
Reply 215
No, but it`s the most expensive one out of the ones that are affiliated to Abertay
There are some accom. that are 130 p.w.on a similar level than Opal (I think there are links in this thread)
However, Opal isn`t that much more expensive than other halls, 10 pounds isn`t that much (even though it adds up to 440 overall but it`s manageable, and that`s saying the dude from the country where u pay 200 pounds a month(per person) for rent in a capital city of my country)

According to the rate sheet downloaded on Abertay website, the rents for 38-weeks leases (11th September to 3rd June) about standard rooms are:

Alloway Halls £2460.50
Victoria Chambers £3146.78
Meadowside £3702.72 (en-suite)
Lyon Street £3051.02

Opal seems to have a minimum lease of 42 weeks for £4158 by paying by instalments.
Reply 216
Original post by isengard1
According to the rate sheet downloaded on Abertay website, the rents for 38-weeks leases (11th September to 3rd June) about standard rooms are:

Alloway Halls £2460.50
Victoria Chambers £3146.78
Meadowside £3702.72 (en-suite)
Lyon Street £3051.02

Opal seems to have a minimum lease of 42 weeks for £4158 by paying by instalments.

Meadowside £3702.72 (en-suite) vs £4158 and it`s a longer lease and there is prob. no doubt Opal is better. However, it was a long time I looked at pics and stuff so I might very well be biased :smile: and I was comparison them according to weekly payments only in terms of prize.
I will take a tour and see wassup.
Reply 217
Meadowside £3702.72 (en-suite) vs £4158 and it`s a longer lease and there is prob. no doubt Opal is better. However, it was a long time I looked at pics and stuff so I might very well be biased :smile: and I was comparison them according to weekly payments only in terms of prize.
I will take a tour and see wassup.

What is the difference between a standard and a en-suite room?

Then we might be room-mates :biggrin:

Haha awesome! If we talk enough, we could maybe just apply together :P Haha
Reply 219
En-suite = u have ur own bathroom
in standard the bathroom is probably a communal space for the whole bunk-flat(I might have made this word up :biggrin:).
So for me it`s definitely en-suite>all

Quick Reply

Latest