Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisruptor)
    Aye you can. :P I'm there all the time. It's fine when it's the city centre, but once you go further out then it can be hard finding your way to places if you've never really ventured that far before, especially with all those streets and if you don't know the route. (Yeah, don't have a smartphone).
    yea i'm in dundee every week and dont have a clue where i am half the time, lol. Glad to hear you booked it okay. hopefully wont have this much trouble next time something like this comes up.

ReputationRep:
    Aye you can. :P I'm there all the time. It's fine when it's the city centre, but once you go further out then it can be hard finding your way to places if you've never really ventured that far before, especially with all those streets and if you don't know the route. (Yeah, don't have a smartphone).
    Lucky for you that the University is in the City Centre then :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brizee)
    Lucky for you that the University is in the City Centre then :P
    :P By that I mean where all the shops are and the front with the car park and swimming pool.

When you go further up, everything's hidden amongst all the various streets of similar looking old buildings.

That said, I've only ever had to venture there the two times I've been to the university so most of that area is unfamiliar to me.

ReputationRep:
    haha find the Caird Hall, which is the massive hall with a public square and fountains outside plus a Dan the Man statue across the road slap bang in the centre of town.

Take the road that is perpendicular to it right the way until it starts curving to the right and there is a school in front of you

Instead of veering right, veer left up the wee road that runs along the school, keep going round the school.

The building in front of you with 3 revolving doors in front of it - that's the University Main Reception. Easy

Edit:
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ms...02964,0.010568

In case anyone actually decides to use these instructions, I've stuck them on a map.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do the ba hons in Computer Arts (again...) Anyone who's a gamer/generally awesome booking into Opal? I could do with some good flat mates

ReputationRep:
    hi just signed up to this not 100% sure how to work this but i've been given an unconditional for dundee and abertay university for Adult nursing and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which is better.. i've been more interested in coming to Abertay over Dundee anyway but I didn't get the grades for Abertay and they have still gave me an unconditional and want me on the course.. any advice would be great to help me make up my mind! thanks.

ReputationRep:
    DISCLAIMER: I am not a student yet, just a fresher and I visited Dee for 4 days (living with a DU student but as I was applying to Abertay I was visiting it quite a lot as well)
    My perception of Abertay was that it is more like a small connected community and Dundee is a big "town" with many "small" groups.
    In terms of your courses, I can`t really help you as I have no idea what`s the reputation and what students think about these courses

ReputationRep:
    Afraid I can't be of much help either, if you're more interested in going to Abertay I'd probably say go for it but I'm somewhat biased :P

THESHade is right though, of what I've seen and what people have told me Abertay has the tighter knit community, that tends to extend to the lecturers as well.

All I can suggest is if you have any specific questions I can help you track down answers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I went with my gut instinct and have accepted Abertay let's hope I've made the right decision!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed that I just have 26 days until the 5th of September. Means: only 3 more days of work, than vaccation, then quitting :ciao: and 18 days until I'll leave Germany. :auto: :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    10 days for me and then I am going ot Germany DD (And form there to UK as well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THESHade)
    10 days for me and then I am going ot Germany DD (And form there to UK as well)
    Nice. Where in Germany?

ReputationRep:
    Exciting Times!

There's nothing quite like waiting to go to Uni.
    Hmmm... Did they give you any info about it? Like where you're supposed to go to start with and what time, etc?

(Original post by Mochrie_Rules)
    No they hung up on me before I could say anything else. I'm just gonna go to the main desk and have them point me in th eright direction plus its possilbe that they will have the place decked out with this 'way signs',
    It starts at 10 but probably should arrive about 15 mins in advance.
    Also really sorry for leaving it this long guys but once you get into Uni you'll be fine, Student Services recruits current students as "Red Shirts" to show you around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German_Saskia)
    Nice. Where in Germany?
    Berlin

ReputationRep:
    Berlin
    Nice. Some sightseeing, huh?!

When will you arrive in Dundee then? Some days earlier than international student welcome? Think I will arrrive maybe on the 1st or 2nd of September as my horse will be brought to Dundee by the 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    Berlin
    ^^ Better kebabs thank Dundee... Stay in Berlin! :P

ReputationRep:
    Nice. Some sightseeing, huh?!

When will you arrive in Dundee then? Some days earlier than international student welcome? Think I will arrrive maybe on the 1st or 2nd of September as my horse will be brought to Dundee by the 3rd.
    Yea, some First I am on a fest for7 days and then I am exploring the city for 4 days.

To UK I am arriving on 1th but to Dee I will arrive on 8th as that`s when Ican move to my flat (assuming I will manage to pay for it )
    Are you gonna sleep in ur car or what? Or in stables?

(Original post by caiitlinz)
    ^^ Better kebabs thank Dundee... Stay in Berlin! :P
    Looks liek you were exploring the "local" cusine when you were there
    I can bring you bunch if you want (but I am not responsible for the final result when you get it... )

ReputationRep:
    Yea, some First I am on a fest for7 days and then I am exploring the city for 4 days.

To UK I am arriving on 1th but to Dee I will arrive on 8th as that`s when Ican move to my flat (assuming I will manage to pay for it )
    Are you gonna sleep in ur car or what? Or in stables?
    4 days sounds great. Still not enough time to see everything, but you'll get to see much of the city.

Haha . Neither. The horse will stay in Dover for some days and I have a hotel there. Still searching for a hotel or b&b in Dundee for the other days. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    4 days sounds great. Still not enough time to see everything, but you'll get to see much of the city.

Haha . Neither. The horse will stay in Dover for some days and I have a hotel there. Still searching for a hotel or b&b in Dundee for the other days. :rolleyes:
    Today I received an email ifnroming me (kidna late as I already have everything booked 2 months) that there is gonna be an International Welcome week and it said that if u booked for acommodation then you can live in your room during that time
    Anyway, I don`t have a place to stay in anyway and as it`s gonna be a Freshers week in DU I doubt I can get a host (but maybe you will be lucky,so try couchsurfing if you want ) so I hope I won`t miss much.

ReputationRep:
    Got that email too but it said that I can get in accom from the 5th when international welcome starts so I need a room for maybe two days or something. Just have to check some more hotel websites.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LG-P990

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.