Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any news on this freshers gaming event you asked for advice on a few months ago Brizee?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we need a FAQ explaining how to find your room number and links to course listings so that we don't have to re-explain it on every other page? It would also be of use for future freshers.

ReputationRep:
    @Brizee Really exciting time

Is anybody here studying Food and Nutrition? Maybe coming from Germany?

Does anybody know how the meet and greet at the 5th will work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bradalee)
    Any news on this freshers gaming event you asked for advice on a few months ago Brizee?
    Benched unfortunately, or more accurately there is something fairly awesome coming around October time that we'd rather tie it in too since Freshers is already pretty choc-a-bloc.

(Original post by panda s)
    Maybe we need a FAQ explaining how to find your room number and links to course listings so that we don't have to re-explain it on every other page? It would also be of use for future freshers.
    Could be a shot if we could get it sticky'd, no idea how to go about that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brizee)
    Benched unfortunately, or more accurately there is something fairly awesome coming around October time that we'd rather tie it in too since Freshers is already pretty choc-a-bloc.
    Intriguing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caiitlinz)
    Pff, amateurs.

Haha totally played that! It's awesome! I didn't think to make tiny ships to hold the shot glasses though lol

ReputationRep:
    Oops, not been on here in ages! Yeah, I found out where my room number was printed :P I'm in flat E1

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Abertay

I have just one question... On UCAS it says you start uni on the 17th of September... but when do we get our timetables? Do we get it sent to us or is that supposed to be our induction day? So confused! I'm new to this

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissCello)
    I'm going to Abertay

I have just one question... On UCAS it says you start uni on the 17th of September... but when do we get our timetables? Do we get it sent to us or is that supposed to be our induction day? So confused! I'm new to this

Thanks
    induction week starts the 10th and during the week you register. so i think you get you time table that week and then start your course on the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    You get timetables at your Programme Welcome during freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochrie_Rules)
    induction week starts the 10th and during the week you register. so i think you get you time table that week and then start your course on the 17th.

(Original post by panda s)
    You get timetables at your Programme Welcome during freshers week.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

How is law at Abertay?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissCello)
    I'm going to Abertay

Thanks
    What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Im going to Abertay
    Is anyone else doing BSc Psychology?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Abertay Game Design Production Management , looking to stay in Opal.

Quick question I will be 21 when I start in September. Am I too old to stay in Opal? I hope I'm not, the other halls don't look great. I would much rather stay in Opal.

Also I'm coming over from Northern Ireland and I'm looking to bring my car. I know there is no parking spaces in Opal. Is there anywhere I can park, ideally free?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I'm in Opal at the moment, there're a few people I know also in here who are older than you so that's not a problem.

Also, Opal does have some parking spaces but I don't know if they're already all booked for next year.

(Original post by stevewestbelfast)
    I'm going to Abertay Game Design Production Management , looking to stay in Opal.

Quick question I will be 21 when I start in September. Am I too old to stay in Opal? I hope I'm not, the other halls don't look great. I would much rather stay in Opal.

Also I'm coming over from Northern Ireland and I'm looking to bring my car. I know there is no parking spaces in Opal. Is there anywhere I can park, ideally free?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartipants)
    Hi there

I'm in Opal at the moment, there're a few people I know also in here who are older than you so that's not a problem.

Also, Opal does have some parking spaces but I don't know if they're already all booked for next year.
    Thanks for the reply Not sure If I'm going to stay in Opal at all now. My student loan barley covers the cost of it, so might need to look elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Got Unconditionals for Ethical Hacking year 1 and Computing year 2, along with three Conditionals for Dundee. Decided to firm my Ethical Hacking year 1, so I'll see you all there in September! Staying in my private accommodation I've had this year with my friends from back home though, lovely five bedroom townhouse.

If any of you are looking for accommodation, I'd also recommend EasyLets (if you're not willing to pay for halls). Good landlord, nice properties for a decent price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTBlench)
    Got Unconditionals for Ethical Hacking year 1 and Computing year 2, along with three Conditionals for Dundee. Decided to firm my Ethical Hacking year 1, so I'll see you all there in September! Staying in my private accommodation I've had this year with my friends from back home though, lovely five bedroom townhouse.

If any of you are looking for accommodation, I'd also recommend EasyLets (if you're not willing to pay for halls). Good landlord, nice properties for a decent price.
    Nice to see another hacking recruit, good choice (I'm in first year at the moment). Just gonna throw in another recommendation for EastLets if you're not going for halls, although I think most people I know would recommend that first years do go for halls.

ReputationRep:
    I've also accepted my unconditional for Ethical Hacking. CTBlench you can be the course's designated party host, you housedweller you.

University open days

1. University of Abertay Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Abertay Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.