Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ursidae)
    I'm currently awaiting confirmation from Opal, after having contacted them directly, about getting accommodation straight from them, which I hope will come to fruition.

I'd applied for Alloway and Opal through Abertay directly, and found myself too late for either of them. D:

I'm going to be studying Computer Games Applications Development, and yourself?
    Hopefully... They got back to me within a few hours. Then again, I applied as soon as I knew my A2 results...

Wow, either of them! That's bad... You can have my Alloway place if you like XD (I don't think you're actually allowed to do that...)

Computer Arts So I'll be seeing you around!

ReputationRep:
    You could always tell him when you're hold on the alloway flat is released and he can call later that day knowing spaces are available :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brizee)
    You could always tell him when you're hold on the alloway flat is released and he can call later that day knowing spaces are available :P
    If you could do that, I'd be hugely appreciative, as I booked through Opal directly, and I've been put on a waiting list. D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ursidae)
    If you could do that, I'd be hugely appreciative, as I booked through Opal directly, and I've been put on a waiting list. D:
    Might of course be barking up the wrong tree, for all I know Accommodation have a waiting list of their own, no harm in trying though.

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place in Meadowside Halls, which I suppose is better than a smack in the teeth... or homelessness. xD

Can anybody give me some reviews, because I might wait to see if Opal 1 opens up before accepting it.

ReputationRep:
    Just completed the online induction for the accomodation, not long now ! Btw, I sent my photo for my student card in the mail instead of doing it online, should I get an e-mail telling me they have it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GG01)
    Just completed the online induction for the accomodation, not long now ! Btw, I sent my photo for my student card in the mail instead of doing it online, should I get an e-mail telling me they have it?
    I didn't get one and I did it by post too =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DenkMit)
    Opal's bike storage is as secure as you could ever want, it's awesome! At the Freshers Fayre on the 21st September, go see Endsleigh Insurance, they're part owned by National Union of Students and will sort you out!

You will get wet and mucky cycling in Dundee! But there's loads of little hilly roads just outside town, quite good rolling terrain for it! You'll have room in your flat to store wheels and whatnot, there's quite good storage.

As for cross country - Scotland has some of the best in the world right on your doorstep! If you google Perthshire Cycling I'm sure you'll find them!

There's no organised cycling, but a lot of cycling, especially among staff! Come see me when you get here, I'd love to get someone to start up a cycling society, and I'll come ride with you!
    Thanks, that's great news! Can't wait to get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Bell)
    I didn't get one and I did it by post too =)
    No problem, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing BSc Digital Forensics this year?

ReputationRep:
    Does it have to be a proper picture, like passport one??

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am a new student t abertay this year I visited in July got a nice tour, its really nice so can't wait. Just wondering who is going for CGT? And also to ask if having no background in programming at all will make it hard for me to pick up?

Also, Lyon Street accommodation anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing CGAD, which is probably somewhat similar to CGT.

You don't need any programming experience, from what I've heard; they'll probably teach you everything you need to know from the ground up. And if they don't, there are always books or video tutorials.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, good to know. Thanks.

I was originally going for CGAD, but I changed over, I think they are pretty mush the same, something about the maths being harder in CGT I think...

ReputationRep:
    If the Maths is harder in CGT, I may have to look into switching, as maths is one of my favourite subjects. I'll have to see what specifically is the difference between the two courses, since AI and physics is what I want to learn most.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, same. But dont go by what I say I could be wrong. I actually cant wait, should be amazing. The only thing I am not looking forwards to is living away from home...never done anything like this before, quite nervous. But excited

ReputationRep:
    Same; I'm moving to Abertay from Gosport, which is on the south coast of England. I'm moving aver 500 miles away, so I'm both really nervous and really looking forward to the brand new experience.

ReputationRep:
    I am coming from Northern Ireland...dont know the distance lol

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, what modules have you been put down for in registration? I have an unsettling feeling that I may have picked the worse of the two computer game development courses, as my modules seem kind of of Game Design-esque, rather than Game Development(ie. Programming)-esque.

I recall the prospectus making me believe that CGAD was the more programming-heavy course, but now I'm not so sure. D:

ReputationRep:
    ummmm...hold on I will check...(Now I realise there is no need in saying that as you wont be reading this as soon as I post it...)

Computer and Graphics Architectures
    Media Production For Games
    Programming in C++
    Applied Mathematics 1

what are your modules like?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 16, 2015

University open days

1. University of Abertay Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Abertay Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.