Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HELP! I can't revise properly! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarazzle)
    Yes same, I don't want to fail and I know if I get on with revision I can do well...but I honestly cannot be bothered to do anything! I have no idea how to get out of this mindset. Thank you, and you!
    Same... I guess you have to have a specific goal to get something you really want and I dont have that... The people that know exactly what they want to be, seem to be the ones working towards that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb123303)
    thanks

But do you get past questions specifically on that topic or just do a whole paper? Cause i cant do whole papers until i have actually learn everything
    well im on aqa, so i have exam questions at the end of each topic, so i do them, then leave the past papers til ive revised everything

also i trwal through old paper questions our school have given us, they really help, as quite of those old questions have come up in my papers now!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have Maths C2 in the morning before it and Chem F322 the next day!!
    I have bio and mechanics 1 on the same day

ReputationRep:
    Also, do you guys find that past exam paper questions help the most and are usually the ones that come up on the real exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niharika.jha)
    well im on aqa, so i have exam questions at the end of each topic, so i do them, then leave the past papers til ive revised everything

also i trwal through old paper questions our school have given us, they really help, as quite of those old questions have come up in my papers now!
    Thank you and Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1602179

ReputationRep:
    Maths and sciences? Find the PAST PAPERS AND DO THE LOT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
    But seriously past papers are really useful, do a paper, review the marks you dropped, try and do the paper again without dropping those marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    But seriously past papers are really useful, do a paper, review the marks you dropped, try and do the paper again without dropping those marks.
    Woo! natural sciences!!
    i'm thinking of applying to durham next year too ^^

and yeah, past papers help so much

ReputationRep:
    Good advice there lad.

ReputationRep:
    Same... I guess you have to have a specific goal to get something you really want and I dont have that... The people that know exactly what they want to be, seem to be the ones working towards that.
    That's so true, it doesn't help that I have no idea what I want to do at uni. Damn A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleverlew)
    Good advice there lad.
    Thanks cleverlew,that means a lot, how do you revise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dream_merchant)
    Woo! natural sciences!!
    i'm thinking of applying to durham next year too ^^

and yeah, past papers help so much
    Ah ur a 2012 applicant then? Good luck with your application Which sciences are you considering?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks cleverlew,that means a lot, how do you revise?
    My pleasure. I revise by past papers and by reading the text book over and over again. I also pester my friends on Facebook if I don't know something!

ReputationRep:
    My pleasure. I revise by past papers and by reading the text book over and over again. I also pester my friends on Facebook if I don't know something!
    Wow you must have really nice friends on Facebook. What exams have you got in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    Wow you must have really nice friends on Facebook. What exams have you got in the summer?
    They're all right I suppose. I have Biology 5, Chemistry 5 and Physics 5. And two General Studies. Fun!

ReputationRep:
    They're all right I suppose. I have Biology 5, Chemistry 5 and Physics 5. And two General Studies. Fun!
    Which ones are you most nervous for?

ReputationRep:
    Ah ur a 2012 applicant then? Good luck with your application Which sciences are you considering?
    Yupp and thanks. im going biological but not certain on specifics yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dream_merchant)
    Yupp and thanks. im going biological but not certain on specifics yet
    Which unis are you going to apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Which unis are you going to apply to?
    not sure. Durham definitely. Been around a couple of times as my brother goes there (hes graduating in june) and its such a wonderful place.

other than that, im going for a week at Leicester in july for interdisciplinary sciences so maybe there if i like it.

the main ones that everyone applies to from what ive seen is durham, bath, ucl so maybe them. and you cant forget the all almighty cambridge :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Which ones are you most nervous for?
    Erm, Physics I think. The others are fine/

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.